Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Mar 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

MMR reaction

Hi girls, I'm freaking out slightly, max woke up this morning head to toe in a pin prick rash, i'm so worried his ezcema is coming back, I'm sure that's how it started last time, he was so sore last summer-the thought of him going through all that again is making me feel sick. I'm really hoping it's an MMR reaction -did any if your lo's have a rash after the jab, if they did, what did it look like?xx

Replies

• Options
    Hmm, Peter had a pinprick rash on his tummy last week but I don't think that was MMR related as his was two months ago now. It disappeared after a day and his skin was a bit dry, but that was it. But it could be. I know that a rash is one possible reaction - this according to my pedeatrician (why can't I spell that word?) friend. Maybe take him to the GP if it doesn't get better in a day or so? I do hope it isn't eczema. I've got it all over my hands at the moment and it is horrid. :/(
  • Options
    Thanks Hun, I've just got that sinking feeling about it, yes I'll take him to the docs if it doesn't clear-I've got a draw full of creams but they might have something new to try or they might say it's something else. I just really thought we'd got rid of it, I thought the breastfeeding had cleared it (a huge part of the reason why im still going), oh well, there's far worse he could have, I just hated seeing him so uncomfortable and having to wear stupid socks on his hands to stop him scratching till he bled image x

[Modified by: p.bob on May 17, 2010 08:17 PM]

• Options
    Fingers crossed p.bom that its just the jabs, but i think it might well be, bella seem to be back to her normal self after having an awful week last week, and over the weekend, wasnt as bad as what i thought mind, i expected her to be really really poorly. She just slept quite a lot and seemed worn out and yes she did have pin prick rash too but thats cleared up as well last since about thurs, im sure max will be dont. xxxx
  • Options
    austin had his mmr last tuesday, and so far he's had a dodgy tummy for the past 3 days now, and been waking up 2hours early???!!! the nurse did say they can get a little rash, have a swollen neck, be grumpy, get a dodgy bum, temp etc etc, but she also said that he would ghet the Hib reaction come out within first week, and then anything from 10days to 6weeks the mmr reaction will come out! oh the joy! so he'll just get over the hib and then the mmr will kick on, what fun! austin has eczema anyway, particulalry on the back of his neck and lower back, nappy chnages are awful cos as soon as his nappy is off he scratches it so hard that he's drawn blood on occasion. the doc gave us some diprobase, did nothing, so then gave us some e45, its ok, but i can't put it on him as it has lanolin in it, which i'm allergic to, so will be going back to the docs to get somehting else i think. he also has balneum (?) oil for in the bath, but tbh i ahven't seen a dramatic improvement so i think they're both a waste of time. i hope its not max's eczema coming back, as it makes them so uncomfortable. fingers crossed for u its just a little reaction to his jabs xx
  • Options
    Blimey well done for still breastfeeding! I really hope it's the jabs and not eczema. Spencer still has his and i know the warmer weather makes it worse. At the moment he scratches his legs so much they bleed so we have to tuck his trousers in his socks. We have alpha derm, diprobase and dermol 500 and we only wash his clothes in surcare. I just hope the new baby doesn't get it i don't know what i can do to prevent it grrr xxxx
  • Options
    Thanks girls,

Im not sure if it was the mmr or not-he's still got it but it's much better, he's now got patches of eczema on his back so,like Spencers,i think the heat is aggravating it.

Back to the doctors me thinks-it's our second home at the moment!

Funnily enough, my skins gone awful too,my ezcema vanished a few years ago but is patchy on my amrs and legs now. It's so annoying!!xx