Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

High Chairs

Anyone using one yet? Lucy is 5mths tomorrow but cant sit up unaided so not sure if she can go in one or when is best to get one or WHICH ONE???

Any advice welcome

ta

Replies

• Options
    hi there!

we got a mothercare one for ??50 and it should of been ??60. my lo cant sit unaided either (21wks old) but this highchair is good and it reclines to 3 positions i think. my lo loves being in it and we have no probs. think there is some chicco ones that are very similar. x
  • Options
    Hi I got one from Asda when it was in baby week it was ??25. Riley's only 20wks (16wks corrected) and he can sit in it fine as the back isn't too straight.
    My mum's waiting for baby week to come back on now so she can get one! x
  • Options
    We're getting Max one at the end of the month when he's 6months old. Weve seen one in Next-it's wooden and converts into a chair that is suitable for upto 10years, it's ??60 xx
  • Options
    We got the East Coast T4 - the highchair you get in Costa Coffee. It's a bit heavy but it pulls up to our table perfectly when the tray is folded back and it folds away, absolutely necessary in our kitchen. It cost us ??55 through kiddicare.com
  • Options
    We've got hubby's rediculously expensive bloom high chair which Spencer does sit in but not to eat as he slides down and schrunches up .

At the moment Spencer sits in his bumbo with his tray. It's the best thing ever it's easy to clean, it sits him up really nice and straight and we can take it out when we go to peoples houses it's even been on the beach!

gem xxx
  • Options
    We have the chicco one that u can have low down or high up at the table and it reclines too...but we still use her bouncy chair (which we can stabalise) or her bumbo..she can sit unaided really well but is so diddy that she looks lost in her high chair!!!
  • Options
    Nina has inherited her brothers highchair. It's a very basic plastic chair from Ikea in my choice colour of white! It's perfect as can be easily cleaned. We were given an expensive leather mamas and papas chair but Angelo didn't like sitting in it (think he felt swamped in it) and it was really horrible to clean.

We haven't started solid food yet but Nina will sit in the chair whilst we're eating and play with bowls and spoons etc. I put a folded towel behind her for now for a bit of support as she will sometimes throw her self back.
  • Options
    I have fisherprice rainforest booster instead of high chair. Has great toys.