Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Time for another proud mummy thread

I have spent the past month or so worrying about Peter's failure to walk so I thought it was about time I turned my thinking around and did a bit of boasting about what he has achieved instead. And, of course, I want to hear what all the other March babies are doing that make their mummies proud.

So, he may not walk independently but he is starting to stand on his own for considerable lengths of time. And, having proved himself the fastest crawler in the North (at a guess image) he has now discovered the joys of stair climbing and can shoot up them in the time it takes us to cross the kitchen!

He is also turning into a problem solver. He has a Peter Rabbit sound book where you press buttons to make noises on each page. The buttons look the same on every page but they are a bit stiff for small fingers and you have to press them quite hard. Peter has worked out exactly where to press and will put his finger on the right spot but still not get any sound. I will often press his finger for him as well as pressing the button myself to get the sound (over and over and over and over...). Today we were reading the book and he was getting a bit frustrated at not being able to get any noise himself - so he grabbed my finger and pressed it hard on the button to make the sound! The amount of logic that went into that piece of problem solving took my breath away. I am so proud of him! image

So, what have your babies done to make you proud recently? Boast away! image

Replies

• Options
    Leah is doing well ater getting her shoes she is walking much better she can also get up the stairs in seconds! she is finally trying to say more things she can say bye bye, baby,da da,mum.mum,cat,yeah,ta i find it hard not to compare as Lexie was so much more vocal much earlier but Leah was more physical crawling earlier and walking earlier.Leah is so cheeky and is a mummys girl while Lexie is a daddys girl so thats nice and she has the cutest smile and she has done number 1 and 2 on toilet and potty and its so cute as we clap for her she then claps herself looking really pleased with herself not pushing that though only when she points to it i put her on there very surprised shes doing it so early.
  • Options
    I love the proud mummy threads,its so nice to see what they're all up to.

Im really proud that Max sleeps from 6.30pm to 4am without a peep-massive achievement for him.

He can point to his head, eyes, ears, nose, teeth, arms, fingers, tummy, toes and shoes and he can say book (well,he says B!), so cute!

The other day he went over to his Nan (hubbies mum) sat on her lap and gave her a massive hug, i was so happy to see that he's forming close bonds to someone other than mummy and daddy xx
  • Options
    Hi ladies, its great to hear how well the March babies are doing!

Well Isla is constantly learning new tricks and makes me laugh so much! Shes saying lots of little words, the newest being "pitty" (pretty) She still sleeps well and has 9 teeth.She still can't say "no" buts shakes her head vehmently instead lol. Shes running everywhere now, she adores being outside but refuses to hold hands so we are already using reins! Shes into baby dolls in a big way now, and tea sets shes such a girl!
    Ummmm a few new things - she loves singing and dancing she does the actions to Head Shoulders Knees and Toes which is funny to watch.One she did the other week that DH and I were suprised by was when we were getting her ready for bed and I asked him to throw me down a nappy. Isla and I were at the bottom of the stairs, it fell on the step and Isla picked it up, toddled into the living room, pulled her changing mat out from behind the door, lifted her pjs off the sofa and threw and the nappy on the changing mat on the floor and lay down on top of them as if to say "hurry up already!" I was like this image lol!!
    I could go on and on :lol: I'm still incredibly broody also!!