Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Mar 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Sat Leah on the toilet and she used it!

i was bathing the girls tonight and Leah was pumping lol so i thought i'd sit her on the toilet and see if she did anything and she went for a number two i was surprised as whenever i sat Lexie on the potty or toilet so young nothing ever happened lol so just wondered if anyone else had done this and did their lo do anything? i am aiming to train her just before shes two the same as Lexie was but will hold off is shes not ready

Replies

• Options
    Im certainly looking to start soon. my eldest Hannah (now almost 15) was potty trained and totally out of nappies by 18months! i was shocked but she just took to it.Charlotte on the other hand (now 12) so wasnt ready and was just over 2 before she was even interested in sitting on a potty or toilet and I did nothing different.
    So will be trying with Erin, as she brings me nappies wen she has pooed...am hoping she will be as quick as Han wat with having such big sisters to follow image
  • Options
    Leah sat on a potty tonight and did a wee she came up to me pulling on her nappy as it was wet so i took it off and she pointed at her potty so i sat her on it and she did a wee! not going to rush things just going to see if she continues
  • Options
    Wow ! Welldone Leah! The thought of potty training hadn't even crossed my mind yet. I ask Max if he's pooed and he shakes his head despite the toxic smell coming from his nappy! He's clueless about it all at the moment. Let us know how it goes!x
  • Options
    Nothing today but i think she is picking up things from seeing Lexie on the potty although this last month we have removed that and made her use the toilet all the time although lol she saw we praised Leah for going on the potty so got her dolls potty and used it once for a wee we didnt think anything of it cleaned it up then she did a number two in it needless to say the dolls potty got thrown away lol although good in one way Lexie seems to want to teach her sister what to do just not a good idea to use a dolls potty lol think we will be getting the potty out again properly lol