Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

bleeding :(

Hi,

I'll try and keep this short but i have a habit of waffling on!

I had DS1 26/3/11 1st AF after DS was 30th May the 2nd AF was 28th June. Then 2 weeks later I had a heavy bleed 15th July, when i went to the Drs because i was concerned about the mid cycle bleed she did a pregnancy test which came back positive but was concerned i could have been miscarrying. I had an early scan on 27th July which confirmed I was 6 weeks pregnant.

Now today i've got fresh red blood again! Its exactly 4 weeks since the last bleed.

Has anyone had monthly bleeding during a previous pregnancy or known anyone that has, cos it's really worrying me????

My husband keeps telling me to be positive cos its stuck in through last months bleed but I keep thinking its just not meant to be.

What do you think??

Kim

Replies

• Options
    I think it's one of these thing were the only thing which will hel p you feeling any less worried, is to speak to or see your midwife as us ladies can only guess. I do know a firend who bleed occasionally all through her nine months and went on the have perfectly healthy baby without complications. So I know it is not unusual.

But I still would see midwife if feeling concern. That's what they're there for after all!!!

Fingers crossed for you she has some comforting calming words for you.

Let us know how you get on.
  • Options
    I've spoken to the EPU today and they have booked me in for another scan next friday. They told me to keep an eye on the bleeding and i should only be concerned if i flood a pad/knickers and if I get horrendous pains.

The bleeding has slowed down a bit and i've only got a period type pain.

The next week is going to feel like an eternity but fingers crossed everything will be ok

Kim x
  • Options
    oh hunny sorry to hear uve had some bleeding, hopefully the week will fly by and you'll find out everything is ok.

its hard not to worry but i hope ur ok xxxx
  • Options
    Sorry to read about your bleeding, it is so worrying. I've had bleeding this pregnancy & all is fine with my baby - had scan on Wednesday. Really hope the bleeding stops as hopefully that'll stop you worrying so much, & that this week goes quickly for you.

Xxx
  • Options
    Todays bleeding is heavier than yesterdays and the previous bleed. Cant say my pains have been horrendous but they have definitely been much stronger.

Any hopes I had have disappeared and I'm now preparing for the worst on Friday. If by chance our lil one is hanging on in there at the scan well that will be a huge massive relief but i dont want to kid myself that everything is fine and get my hopes dashed!

I'll keep you informed

Kim
  • Options
    oh Kim I'm so sorry to hear it's not easing up. We'll all be keeping our fingers crossed things will turn for you!
  • Options
    Kim I really hope everything is ok for you. Everything crossed for you xxxx
  • Options
    Thinking about you, and I really hope your lo is hanging in there for you hun. xxx
  • Options
    Keeping everything crossed for you. x
  • Options
    Thanks for the kind words.

I've been to hospital today as i was flooding and passed a huge lumpy thing. The good ish news is that they said it was a large clot and nothing more than that.

The midwife looked at my cervix and confirmed it was still closed so that was more good news but she did say i was having a heavy loss. no shit! sorry for the sarcasm but i didnt exactly need that bit confirming!!

Anyway they have managed to fit me in for a scan on wednesday so 2 days earlier. Only 3 more sleeps!

I feel like it has slowed down slightly this afternoon, still not wanting to believe its ok but i have a tiny weeny glimer of hope now I know I've not passed our lil one.

Kim xx
  • Options
    Hi Hun,

Know how you feel going threw something similiar right now !! Could you not go to your local A&E and say ur in pain and they should do the scan there and then ?
  • Options
    Hope everything is ok x
  • Options
    Really sorry for everything you are going through hun & that the bleeding got worse. Good news that it has slowed, that your cervix is still shut & about your scan though. Will be thinking about you & hoping everything is ok. Keep us updated when you can.

Ruth xx
  • Options
    I am hoping that Wednesday goes well for you. I had a huge bleed with my first and he is now a happy healthy almost 3 year old ! Will be thinking of you xx
  • Options
    Hi,

Another update!!

Ive had to spend the afternoon in the EPU again.

(TMI warning) I was bleeding so heavy this morning to the point where i was changing pads every 10 mins! Anyway I passed a huge massive lump that i thought couldnt have been anything other than the baby and sac etc as it really was big, roughly a similar size of a small mobile phone. I took it to the hospital and once again they have said it is "not product" and just a clot. This time my cervix was slightly open and they have removed more clots. I've been bleeding a little slower since so they sent me home. They were going to scan me today but then decided to let my uterus settle down and scan me on wednesday as planned.

I have had a little cry today to the hubby. We obviously didnt want this to happen but if its going to be over I just want it to hurry and stop cos I cant cope with it dragging on.

Kim xx
  • Options
    Oh Kim, it's understandable you've had a cry. I'm so sorry. I hope Wednesday comes round quickly for you and you get some answers because being in limbo is a horrible feeling.

Much love

xxx
  • Options
    Oh hun, what a terrible time for you. I hope Wednesday hurrys up and that you get good news image) x
  • Options
    Kim, what an awful ordeal you are going through. I really hope that all is ok but can totally understand you having a cry. I so so hope that you get a positive scan result on Wednesday, will be thinking of you.

• Options
    Any news? xxx
  • Options
    Hi,

Bad news I'm afraid. I've had a normal scan and an internal and there is nothing there.

Well the sac was there but deflated, I did leek fluid on saturday which seemed like my waters and this is why the sac was deflated. She has manually removed the sac and i got to have a little look which has given us a little bit of closure.

There is a lady in the hospital who takes all the tiny babies who never made it full term or were born still she holds a cremation for them. This made me feel better even if it doesnt happen its nicer than thinking my baby is in a bin.

So thats it for me, I wish you all a very healthy few months and i'll keep popping in see how your getting on.

lots of love

Kim xxx