Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Pregnancy exercise DVDs - recommendations please!

Hi all

Have also posted this in health and fitness section, but just wondered if you ladies have any recommendations for pregnancy exercise DVDs??? I need to get some exercise and don't mind what kind- has anyone done any DVDs that they really liked? Any advice gratefully received!

Ta. xx

Replies

• Options
    I can't help but will be interested to see any recommendations. I am after one of these too! There is a Davina one but I'm not sure I can be bothered with her manic enthusiasm (have some of her other DVDs!). Also, I'm fancying yoga/pilots & there is a '10 minute solutions' one on Amazon for ??5 which is 5x10 minute workouts & generally has good reviews, am tempted by that one! X
  • Options
    I am interested to see what people recommend. When I was pregnant With my ds I was more active and went swimming and to pregnancy yoga. I won't have time for that this pregnancy so doing some exercise at home would be ideal. x
  • Options
    The Davina one is actually very good, although more for 3rd trimester, as more of a stretching/having a bit of a move about than actual exercise i.e. quite nice when massive, not so useful when you're not yet waddling! I have a really good pre-natal and post-natal ones from Erin O'Brien which I really, really liked last time.

The pre-natal is good all the way through, and post-natal builds you up really slowly, and I could even do it post-section. Its a good pre-normal exercise dvd, iykwim?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Prenatal-Fitness-Fix-DVD/dp/B000NJLQWE/ref=pd_cp_d_h__4

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Postnatal-Rescue-DVD-Post-Natal/dp/B000PMFO0Y/ref=sr_1_3?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1314963985&sr=1-3

The pre-natal one also has Mike from Desperate Housewives in it as he's her husband - yummy!! image x
  • Options
    Thanks Lulee - lots of people have said that Davina is prob best for later on in pregnancy as its not that challenging. Right am off to have a look at the 2 you recommended. image xx