Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

G/C from DIA

Hi ladies,

Apologies as i'm g/c your forum from DIA but just wanted to pick the brains of some of you who are a bit further on in your pregnancies then us DIA girls.

I'm having horrendous nausea (not actually being sick, but feeling really really sick all day long) & the exhaustion is unbelievable too. Even simple things like getting up from the sofa to make a cuppa seems knackering. Insomnia is pretty bad too (which is probably adding to the exhaustion) as I keep waking around 2am then can't get back to sleep for hours. Anyway, I know these symptoms are pretty normal but I was just wondering at what stage those of you who're past this began to feel better? Or are most of you still suffering (go on, prepare me for the worst ha ha!!)? This is my first baby so i've really no idea & just trying to figure out what to expect!! You hear all this stuff about pregnant women 'blooming' but jeez, the only blooming I am is a blooming wreck do far!!!!!

Best of luck to you all in your pregnancies & any comments would be very much appreciated image

L xx

Replies

• Options
    I felt nauseus but was never actually sick and this seemed to wear off at week 10. Hope you feel better soon, its not a nice feeling xx
  • Options
    Hi Lorna,

I have hit 12 weeks today and must admit the sickness and nausea went about Tuesday when i was 11+5, i have been really tired this week but have had a rotten cold so put it down to that but i also think i am low in iron which hopefully i will find out about tomorrow when i have my blood tests after my scan. I also am still waiting to 'bloom'! which i hope will shortly follow now the sickness has stoppped :lol:

hope you are feeling better soon image
  • Options
    I too have nausea but am very rarely sick. I found that the extreme tiredness and waking up in the night went at about 9 weeks, but I still feel nausea, mostly in the evenings. I am 12 weeks today and feeling so much better than I did a few weeks ago, so although everyone is different, hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel for you lorna!

I am hoping that I will start blooming as the 2nd trimester approaches! :lol:

Hope everyone is feeling OK and having happy and healthy pregnancies. X
  • Options
    Hi Lorna,

ive had pretty bad sickness from about 5weeks, couldnt keep my tea down and felt sick almost every morning, it seems to have subsided now i am past the 12 week mark, im still off my food but the sickness doesnt seem as bad, fc thats it for me its my first baby too so i know how your feeling everything is brand new, i hope u feel better soon.

xx
  • Options
    This is my second baby and unfortunatly I must say that my sickness and tiredness is much worse this time round than last time.

But I'm putting that partly down to not being able to look after myself as much as I was able to with my first. With no ! when I felt tired or sick I could lie down or at least just sit and relax for a bit... maybe have a bath to help my insomnia etc.... this time round all that is of course impossible as I'm running round after a 2 (ish) year old most of the day.

Anyways I am a million times better now and I'm round 13 weeks. I still get unexplicably tired from doing the most tiniest thing... but I sense that that too is getting better.

Keeping my fingers crossed it gets better for you soon. We are all different and those who are not feeling sick sometimes worry about that instead... so I guess we'll always worry no matter which situation we've got!
  • Options
    HI,

I am 12 weeks now and still feel pretty bad. Not been sick for 2 days now but still fell sick pretty much all day. I am hoping it vanishes this week.

I just want to be able to go out for a nice meal and eat it all without feeling sick.