Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Gender- hunches, and gut feelings!

Does anyone have any hunches on the sex! As soon as I found out I was pregnant I was convinced it was a girl! This is my first baby so I don't know whether to Im being an idiot but something just said, your having a girl, and I've gone with it! image

My best friend had a baby recently and said she knew Ellie would be a girl from day one too... Fills me with hope!

What about you guys?? Any gut feelings??

Replies

• Options
    I 'knew' Imogen was a girl from day one. I was utterly convinced, we found out at 20 weeks and I was still surprised lol

I think this baby may be a boy... feelings arent as strong but we'll see image
  • Options
    im convinced im having a boy, ive always wanted to have a lil girl but since ive actualy been pregnant all my gut feelings are pointing towards a little boy, of course i dont mind what i have although h2b is desperate for a little boy.

pb xxx
  • Options
    I was sure Benjamin was a boy all the way through, we didn't find out the sex so it was for all nine months!

This time there's quite a few thing different - I've felt sicker, got awful migraines - which totally went last time I was pg - got awful itchy dry eyes, so think it might be a girl... Initially I wanted a girl this time, but now I think about it I'm thinking that maybe another boy would be nice!

• Options
    My hunch was wrong last time - was so sure it was a girl. All of the predictors said a girl too. Luckily the mw prepared me a little at 38 weeks but saying she thought it was a boy. This time I am wondering whether it is a girl as my sickness has been so different - much worse! Probably wrong again though. x
  • Options
    My hubby is completely convinced (actually more like he's decided) we are having a girl-to the point I'm wondering if we should find out in case it's not! I kinda think it's a girl too, but really will be happy either way image
  • Options
    I think I'm having another girl which will please my daughter but when I was having her I was convinced she was a boy even after the scan. When I had her and the midwife said its a girl I asked is it a boy? I really wanted a girl then though so all was good! :lol:
  • Options
    Awww, so hunch might be wrong still. I wish 20 weeks would come quicker ....
  • Options
    Just to add, my sister & her OH were CONVINCED that they were having a boy, as was everyone else (though I did say girl early on but got swayed by the overwhelming majority!!), & they had a girl!

• Options
    g/c to say I wish I'd stuck with my hunch!

I first thought I was having a girl, but hubby was certain we were having a boy and so was everyone else so I began to think I was too.

She was a girl though, and hubby was hilarious when she was born and he was telling me the sex he had to doublecheck with the midwife as he was confused that she didn't have any dangly bits :lol:
  • Options
    I'm convinced I am having another boy...but I think this might just be because I would love a little girl if that makes sense!?

My mum is CONVINCED its a girl. My husband is one of three boys, his older brother has 2 boys...yet his younger brother had a girl so I guess you really dont know.

I have booked a private gender scan for next Saturday afternoon arghhhh I feel really nervous which is so silly!!
  • Options
    DH and I are convinced we're having another boy but absolutely everyone else reckons its a girl. Their hunch was right last time so we'll see.
  • Options
    My mom went to see a clairvoyant and she said I'm having a boy! OH family all think boy too so I'm starting to edge towards boy now... image I want to stick with my girlie hunch but am being swayed by the majority
  • Options
    With DD both DH and I wanted a boy, but both felt she was a girl right from the off, and found out the sex to make sure! This time round, I'd really, really like another girl to be close to DD, but my gut has said boy from the day I found out I was pg. Needless to say we'll be finding out the sex again this time! image
  • Options
    I thought I was having a boy all the way through, I always said "he" when talking about my baby. When I had him, the student midwife said "here SHE is" I was in shock, that was until the other midwife said "you have a gorgeous little BOY" and it was pretty clear he was a boy, lol.

This time I was sure its a girl until my 12 week scan, now I think boy. I have a gender scan booked for 1st October and can not wait to find out and then shop, lol xxx
  • Options
    I was convinced DS was a boy all the way thru my pregnancy (and was right). This time I think I'm having a boy again - I have fancied all the same foods etc ... the only difference has been I have felt way more tired and way more sick - but I think that is just because I've not been able to rest like I did first time round!
  • Options
    With dd I was convinced that I was having a girl, and so was my mum, to the point that she rang me when I was about 37 weeks and said "what if it's a boy?" (we didn't find out). I was so convinced I was having a girl that I wasn't at all surprised when she was in fact a girl. I wasn't bothered either way.

This time round it's felt different somehow, I've gone off different foods and craving different things. So I think it might be a boy. We're not finding out again, and again it doesn't matter one way or the other - a boy would be nice to have one of each and a girl would be nice for my dd to have a sister so close in age.