Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Mar 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Don't think I've felt baby move yet

I'm 14 + 2 and I dont think Ive felt the baby move yet. With my first (who is 16 on Friday!) and felt her at 18 weeks. I thought I felt something a few weeks ago which could have been baby but I've not felt anything since so it may have been wind!

Where do you feel it? Really low down in the pelvis? My mum keeps asking if I've felt him/her yet and now she's getting me a bit worried! Maybe I'm having a lazy boy!

Replies

• Options
    G/C after seeing this on the main page. Bit different for me as this is my first but I didn't feel anything till about 16-17 weeks and even then it was a blip movement not a full on kick. Don't get yourself worked up with it. Babies movements vary from woman to woman and each different pregnancy. try and relax and you'll feel them soon letting you know they are there x
  • Options
    Hello image

Yeah, I can feel it really low down. Didn't start to feel anything until probably just after 15 weeks this time round image

Xx
  • Options
    Hi,

With my first I felt slight tickles aeound 16 weeks, but only if I really concentrated. Its been the same this time around really.

I feel them really really low down in pelvis, but even then its hard to differentiate between baby and gas!

I really wouldn't be concerned, its still really early days. I love this bit where you are waiting for their first movements, so exciting! x
  • Options
    I feel the same. I think if i concentrate when I lie down in bed at night I can feel funny movements to the side but this could just be in my head or indeed wind!

I am sure we will feel it soon. x
  • Options
    Hey chick, gatecrashing from DIF12 This is my third baby, felt first DD at 18, second DS at 13w! And didnt feel this baby until 17 weeks..shes a girl.

I worried, freaked out at 16 week midwife app cos she took ages to find HB but shes doing great.

Some are just lazy and dont do those big prods and kicks to let us know they are there lol. Wont be long until your having those sleepless nights with a party going on inside haha.

xx
  • Options
    I'm gatecrashing from DIF, but just wanted to say that a few weeks ago I was worrying because I hadn't felt baby move, just like you.

Now I feel it daily, but it's only really been over the last week or so (I'm 20+4). when I had my 20 week scan they said I had an anterior placenta - I've read that sometimes that means you feel it a little later as there is a bit more padding! Also, I'm having a boy so maybe he's just lazy!!! :lol:

Try not to worry though, you will feel it - and you'll think back and laugh at how deperately you wanted to feel it move!