Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Weight gan!

Hello!

How are you all doing weight-wise? I lost about half a stone in first tri due to having food aversions to pretty much everything. I've now almost put that back on, though I'm still a few lbs under what I was pre-preg. I did this when I was pg with my son, didn't really put anything on until third tri, then I piled it on, put on close to 3 stone I think, though happily I got to the point where I could no longer see the scales!!

So how are you all getting on??

Xx

Replies

• Options
    Sorry, that should be gain! I keep doing this, my stupid iPhone won't let me see what I'm typing in the subject bar...!
  • Options
    I lost a couple of lb with my pregnancy sickness early on - have regained those and put on 2lb more. Not too bad I suppose. With ds put on just under 2 stone.

• Options
    I lost 18lbs in the first 10 weeks, and havent put any back on yet. I needed to lose weight though. With my last I ended up 2 stone lighter than pre preg wight, after the birth, the baby diet seems to be the only one that works for me, sod weight watchers, lol.

Im trying to be good as my hubby can eat whatever he wants but I put weight on so quickly, so Im healthy eating as much as possible. I suffer with SPD so any extra weight obviously doesnt help. I should have really lost more weight before falling pregnant again so I have to be careful. xxx
  • Options
    lost a little in the beginning as was going to slimming world before knowing we'd fallen pregnant. Put it all and more back on by now though. Ugh. I just eat soooo much and it seems so convineint that you are getting big anyway so kind of thinking suncontiously that baby is hiding the extra blubber!!!

Argh I get so angry with myslef. With my little man I put on so much weight and then after I felt so bad about myself and uncomfortable in my own skin for ages... I swore I wouldn't be doing the same mistake this time.... now look at me

*big moan* image
  • Options
    Oh Annika image

Sorry you're feeling bad about it, feel bad for asking. It's so hard to get a balance I think, especially when you have a LO already - I just grab what I can. Can't you speak to your mw about it, if it's getting you down that much then I'm sure there's things you can do despite being pregnant xx
  • Options
    I have slowly been putting on weight. I am 17 weeks now and have put on about 5lbs. I think this is mainly in my boobs...look like I have had a boob job! Although my bump is showing now and my bum seems to be growing :?

I don't care though.

Trying to eat healthy but fruit is boring!!

I eat quite often but don't tend to pig out so think I will be ok.

I have also been doing lots of exercise too: swimming, dancing and going to begin Yoga too.
  • Options
    Annika my midwife put me in touch with a dietitian who helps women stay on top of their weight whilst pregnant. I havent been to see her yet, but as Ruth said they will be happy to help. It is so hard trying to be healthy, and now I have my appitite back I really have to be so careful. You're not alone I promise.xxx
  • Options
    i was 77kg at weigh in... then at 12 week scan i was 77.8kg so not much at all considering i ate chinese take out for 8 weeks.

ive still not gained much, think this pregnancy is diff as im working off the weight by running after my toddler lol
  • Options
    about 7lbs on and I am 17 weeks, my bottom seems to e growing bigger than my tummy image x
  • Options
    I've put about 9lbs on but most of this was put on in the first trimester when I thought woo hoo no more dieting! I put 3 stone on with my daughter so hoping not to put that much on again. Very jealous of the ladies who have lost weight!! x
  • Options
    I have remained the same weight since finding out I was pregnant. So I guess i'm losing a bit of blubber and gaining baby. I have an app on my phone that says weight gain at 16 weeks is normally 5 to 10 lbs taking into account boobs, water retention, extra blood, baby, placenta etc.. I noticed that my boobs are bigger and with this being my third bambino I have quite a bump! Hubby commented that he thought it was a girl because I was carrying a little more weight on my hips and ass.... I think he's lucky I wasn't carrying anything at the time!

I cooked Sunday dinner for the family yesterday for the first time since finding out I was pregnant and actually managed to eat it! Poor family we have been living on sandwiches, beans on toast and jacket potatoes!

K x x
  • Options
    I haven't weighed myself to be honest, when I was weighed at my 12 week scan I'd put on about 4lb but i've had 3 stomach bugs which have probably evened things out a bit.
  • Options
    I haven't weighed myself recently but at my 10 week booking in appointment with the midwife I had actually lost 3lb, sure I have put that back on plus more, ha ha i agree my bum seems to be getting bigger than my bump :lol:
  • Options
    Im too scared to weigh myself I would rather not know! I didnt seem to put much weight on last time, just felt fuller in the face.

My apetite is HUGE this time around, so im guessing I will more on then last time. I just cant stop eating image sometimes im actually sick of food and dont want anything but my stomach is growling so I have to get the phildelphia and crackers out in the evening image
  • Options
    Loobylou_no3, that's so funny what your OH said....men, will they never learn?!! X
  • Options
    I havent weighed myself and I don't intend to! I've gone off everything healthy because I ate quite healthy before so have become addicted to bread meat cheese and chips!!! Also have these wild cravings for all my childhood favourites that my mom has to cook me and send round! OH announced this morning that he's gained nearly a stone since I've been preggers so god knows what I've put on!!! The way I see it is, if I weigh myself Im going to be really sad and this is not the time to start punishing myself -I'll do that after!!!!
  • Options
    i am exactly the same weight as i was prepregnancy image hoping to stay that way as long as possible
  • Options
    I'm g/c from DIF, but I weighed myself last night and I've put on just over a stone (I'm 24 weeks).

Part of me is a bit sad as I've always been slim and when I did pile it on a bit (after we got married!) I managed to lose about a stone and get back to all my 'skinny clothes'!

but on the other hand, the baby is the most important thing and as long as he is healthy then I'm not going to spend too much time worrying about what I'm eating. Good job really because I just keep wanting really unhealthy things like cheesy chips with mayo, mmmm! :lol: