Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

cramp, BH and pains :(

ive had some worrying pains lately, last night i had the most sharp intense stabbing in my foof, i actually yelled to hubby it hurt so much image he was so concerned, it felt like the real peak of a contraction, ouchie. It was the once and hasnt happened since... what the hell was it??

i also now have leg cramp everytime i move my legs during the night, again, hurts so much i almost yell out but dont as its the night time. how can i stop them???

anyone having BH already? I am only 22 weeks and it seems to happen a lot, is this because this is my 2nd baby?

Replies

• Options
    Hello,

I've had brackton hicks from a really early stage in this pregnancy (my second) which freaked me out a bit, but apparently completely normal! Still getting them now (24 weeks) every day, quite uncomfortable!

I remember getting pains in my foof with my son! Very sharp stabbing pains especially when I walk, I thought it was just baby sitting low or something, not sure. Just one of the wonderful parts of pregnancy no one tells you about!
  • Options
    I am so glad someone else has written this post!!! I have been having braxton hicks forever!!! It feels like since I found out I was pregnant - sometimes I even have to stop what I am doing they're so strong!!!

I cannot wait to get to 24 weeks - It feels like such a massive milestone at the moment and hopefully after that I will relax!!!!
  • Options
    Can I just ask, with BH's, do you sometimes not know you're having one until you go to move? I only had them last time the day before my son was born - 39+5 - so can't remember!

• Options
    leg cramps are just annoying as it catches me off gaurd at night time image

my BH are worse just when i stand up or am walking, its like a huge wave of tightening through my whole bump and down my back which is funny as in labour i had no back pain whatsoever!! so its kinda painful for me. ive had them since about 19 weeks and was a bit worried.

24 weeks is a fortnight away for me, hoping time will get us there quickly as it is a huge weight off when you reach that stage.

i ache so much more with no2, i guess i dont have the luxury of relaxing much :lol:
  • Options
    I might have made this up, but does drinking tonic water help relieve leg cramps? I'm not sure, as I'm also thinking bananas & milk might.... :?

Sorry, that's really no help!!

Xx
  • Options
    g/c from DID, i got real bad cramp for a while and tried bananas, they seemed to work. give it a go. x
  • Options
    Yes ive heard tonic water works a treat for cramps due to the quinine in it.
  • Options
    i need to get some tonic water! i keep getting extreme leg cramp in the night time image Saturday night i was actually hobbling around the room swearing it was so bad, then of course felt faint and sick becuase i had lurched out of bed too quickly!

don't think i am having any BH yet....i did experience a tightening once or twice in my bump but it went after a few seconds and put it down to bubba re-arranging herself.
  • Options
    I've been feeling BH since about 20 weeks, more so if i'm moving around a lot. You do get them all the way through your pregnancy but its not til the baby gets a bit bigger that you notice them.

As for the pain could it be you're being booted in the cervix?
  • Options
    I dont think I'm getting them. Just the sharp pain still when I get up suddenly or turn over xx
  • Options
    glad its not just me with pains, i feel so much more beaten up this time!!

i dont eat bananas, they are so manky. will try tonic water instead image
  • Options
    Minus the gin image
  • Options
    haha gin :P

i have had a cramp free night and didnt take anything... suspicious.
  • Options
    I think I experienced these today for the first time, is it like a tightening around the mid waist?