Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

To holiday or not?

Hello ladies, hope you are all feeling ok.

Advice needed from anyone who is planning a holiday or any second or third time mums!

As this is our first, hubby really wants to go on a last "child free" holiday in January. I'll be about 30 weeks by this point. Think hubby wants to go somewhere long haul so we can get some sunshine, so I guess I'd have to walk about and exercise on the plane.

What do you all think? Good idea or bad? Is anyone else planning a holiday at this point in their pg? Have any of you who are mums already done this?

I'm a low risk pregnancy and would get a fit to fly note from docs.

Any advice appreciated. xx

Replies

• Options
    We were meant to be going to NY for my 30th in Jan, but we decided against it due to my SPD and other complications I've had during my pregnancy. However this is my 2nd pregnancy and I was aware that I would probably suffer with these issues, hence walking around NY would not have been the best idea when I can barely walk already, lol.

I think its a real personal choice though, you will need to make sure the airline will fly you, and get a doctors certificate to say you are fit to fly, but if you feel up to it, then why not.

xxx
  • Options
    Thanks Dxxx. Shame about your NY trip.

Any more advice anyone?
  • Options
    i havent personally, wish i had!

if u feel up to it then why not, could be good. esp if docs pass u as safe to do so.
  • Options
    I would jump at the chance of a holiday! Only year I've gone without one and I'm gutted! xx
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. Everyone I know who already has kids is shouting DO IT at me! :lol: and the prospect of one more childless holiday is too tempting!

Anyone know where to get flight socks? Are they all the same or are some better than others? Xx
  • Options
    Yeh I would go for it! Just dont go anywhere humid like we did! (Dubai in August, not my brightest idea)
  • Options
    Go for it, but check out whether you'd be able to fly before booking.

We had a weekend in Edinburgh as our last child free break and it was brilliant. I was about 28 weeks, so not so massive that it was exhausting.

Have fun!!