Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

too many baby clothes!

Its a lovely day here today so thought I'd get some clothes washed as our furniture comes in a week and the nursery is full of bags. So I took the whites out and washed them then thought may as well take everything else out labels off etc and there are tons of clothes. Baby grows, vests, short sleeve, long sleeve, most newborn. I know my in laws have more for me and my parents so now worried I have too much.

Has anyone else gone mad buying stuff and forgotten what they already had? At this rate I'll be changing her every hour lol

Replies

• Options
    haha im the opposite... i dont have enough still.

after no1 i got rid of a lot as it was quite worn, need more newborn stuff, esp as imogen was a small baby so i ended up dashing out for tiny baby stuff in the end.
  • Options
    I have lots of 0-3 months which were kindly donated to me but not lots of newborn stuff because I know people will have been buying things and I don't want to tend up with too much.

I just need a few more vests, sleepsuits and a couple of outfits then I will see what others bring me! He he! This is my first but I too am worried about sizes - all shops seen different! Newborn looks huge in some shops.

I live across the road froma big sainsbury's which is also across the road fromthe hospital so if needed I can get smaller clothes at short notice.

I am going to start washing things soon too - so exciting!!
  • Options
    omg me! i did the same whilst off at home over xmas sorted through stuff and took it all out of packets and took labels off......so far i have done a full white wash and a colours wash (bearing in mind washing machine was full to the brim) and i still have another 2 white loads to do although i have towels and sheets in with this, but we just have so much, about 50/50 newborn and 0-3 months, i have a few tiny baby vests just incase but need to get some tiny baby sleepsuits and as you say people buy you so many things once baby is born, my mum is a bit of a shopaholic everytime she goes out she comes back with another outfit to the point she has now started on 3-6months!
  • Options
    haha I am not buying anything more now, havent bothered with tiny baby as that is for prem size I think and some of the newborns are so small! Just need the baby now to wear them image