Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Baby Shopping!

Hi ladies,

As we're all getting closer to the big day I thought I'd check to see where everyone is with their shopping for the new arrivals! Has anyone completely finished and has everything? As a first time mum, I don't really know what I will actually NEED compared to what I see and think 'ooohh, that's cute!'

So here is what I've brought so far;

Xtreme Travel System with Car Seat from Mothercare

Cot bed 'Eloise' Mama and Papa's (from E-bay but I've brought a new matress to use)

Little World of Dreams bedding, lightshade, curtains and wall stickers.

Cot top changer with mat

A crib for our room with new mattress and some sheets.

Tommee Tippee Electric Breast Pump (used my boots points when it was half price!)

Tommee Tippee Complete Starter kit (again half price in Mothercare as think we will have hubby doing 1 bottle of expressed a day)

A baby bath seat thingy

A few sleep suits & short sleeved body suits

A newborn set with bib, hat, mittens etc.

A couple of cute outfits

A pack of 62 and 1 pact of 84 pampers size 2 nappies

The boots change bag (free when I got the nappies)

So how am I doing? What else will I definitely need? My sister is arranging a baby shower for me and wants me to tell her things I'll need in case people ask.

Looking forward to reading about your shopping trips ladies! image xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi, This is our first baby too. You seem to have a fair few bits already, so far I have:

Cotbed, warbrobe, changer and chest drawers all mothercare and set up in the nursery.

Fesding chair and pillow

Tommee Tippee complete set, bottles, breast pump, pads, sterilizer etc etc

nappy disposal

Bedding

Moses basket and bedding and stand

Maxi cosi Pebble car seat

maxi cosi isofix base

Spin pram

Jungle play jym mat

Jungle bouncer

Blankets about 4 I think

Bibs

Vests and baby grows some short sleeve some long

sleep suits

mittens, hats, booties

loads nappies, mostly huggies size 1 as have the cord cut out bit

baby bath

cuddledry towel, this is a great item as is hands free, sits around your neck

Hospital bag, night dresses, maxi pads etc

changing bag and accessories

Wow that seems a lot, I have got so many clothes its unreal :lol:

I think the play gym and the bouncer are good ideas to keep the baby entertained whilst you are doing some housework etc, they might be nice things to ask for.Ive resolved to buy nothing else now :lol:
  • Options
    Considering this is my third baby I am most disorganised!!

People keep asking me what things I need and I just don't know!

I know the things I really need... Like another bedroom and a five seater car! I keep asking hubby which of the children we are leaving at the hospital when we bring home baby as both our cars only seat 4 people!

These are the things I do have:

Crib

fitted sheets x 5

flat sheets x 2

cellular blanket

car seat

Activity Gym

Baby bouncer

bumpo

baba sling

already have bugaboo pram, got new tailored fabric

yummy mummy changing bag

10 babygrows 0-3

a few outfits

already got cot and bedroom furniture with hodge podge from mamas & papas

baby bath

towels

cotton wool balls

comb and soft brush

thermometer

nappy sacks

to get:

swaddle blanket

Isofix base

parasol

buggy board

vests

coming home outfit

I dont have any bottles or sterilizer because I plan on breastfeeding like I did with my other 2. I bought them just incase and ended up giving everything away!

baby sponge

nappies

Changing mat

maternity pads

maternity bras

maternity pjs

snacks for maternity bag

disposible knickers

prezzie for both children from new baby

Can't think of anything else at the mo!!
  • Options
    this is my first baby and i think we are pretty much sorted

we have...

Moses basket, mattress, stand, sheets and blankets

cot, mattress, sheets and blankets, bumper

changing unit and changing mat, plus extra changing mat for downstairs

wardrobe with drawers underneath

LOADS of nappies and toiletries and wipes, i got so many vouchers to get free nappies and wipes by joing baby clubs such as tescos, asda, sainsburys

babygros, Newborn, 0-3 months

vests, tiny baby, newborn, 0-3 months

a few outfits, newborn, 0-3 months

mittens, hats, booties, socks, bibs

Mamas & papas Sola pram and car seat

Baby monitor also does room temp

hooded towels and a cuddledry towel that i picked up at the baby show

Tommee Tippee hand breast pump starter kit

MAM bottle starter kit (again bargain at the baby show i do plan on breastfeeding but just incase)

sterilizer

Baby bath

bath thermometer

baby swing

breast pads

maternity pads

maternity bras

nighties

BIG knickers lol (just some cheapies from primark instead of getting disposable knickers)

Changing bag (free from boots)

Still to get

babygros - Tiny baby (just incase she is below 7.5lb)

2 x Stair Gates (not needed until she is older, but i have run out of things to say when people ask me what i need)

baby gym

High chair (again same excuse for the baby gates!)

Lucozade/snacks for hospital bag

wow really does look alot when you write it all down!

xx
  • Options
    AARRRGGGHHHH..... OMG I am completely unorganised!!!! AARRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

And i think seeing everyones list of stuff they have just compounds the fact I have NOTHING READY!!!!

Ok so I do think I am second time round so maybe i have more stuff already than I realise so let me think....

We have:

Moses basket (from DD)

Sheets (from DD)

Blankets (from DD)

Sleepsuits (all sizes)

Outfits (all sizes

Avent Sterilizer (from DD)

Avent Breast bump (from DD)

Breast pads (from DD)

Toys (from DD)

3 packs of size 1 nappies

Nappy sacks (from DD)

Cotton wool (from DD)

High chair (from DD)

Travel cot (from DD)

Maxi Cosi car seat (from DD)

Isofix base (from DD)

All of this stuff is randomly dotted round the house and in the loft so need to get it all together and check its okay!! image

To get:

Bugaboo Donkey!!! YAY!!! Can't wait!!!

Footmuff

Changing bag

Vests

Scratch mits

Bottles

Dummies

Milk (I breastfeed for 3 months last time but the dates on this stuff is briliant and you never know what might happen at any point in the day or night so i would def have a back up!!)

Baby towels

Baby bath (may not bother!)

Cot

Wardrobe

Chest of drawers

Bedding

Curtains

General room decoration

Nappies

Wipes

All my hospital bag stuff

Mat kickers

Mat Pads

Nursing bras

Oh man I am actually just going to stop thinking now because that is enough of a list!!!

I can't believe I am so unorganisd; its not like me at all but we're still hoping to move house before the baby arrives so I keep thinking the more I buy the more I will have to potentially move so it stops me! STRESSSSSSSSSSSSS imageops:
  • Options
    hahaha and to top it off my lili pie thing is telling me i have 66 days left!!!!!!
  • Options
    OMG ladies! You are scaring me! image This is my first baby too, but we hsve just moved house and that has taken over our lives so I haven't bought a single thing for baby yet except the pram which we ordered at the baby show!

It's great to see your lists though and that will spur me into action now! image
  • Options
    These are great lists ladies!

It's definitely helping me to work out what else to get! People have been asking me what they can get for baby as well so I have tried to stop buying and made a universal wish list on Amazon at the request of my sister who wants to organise a baby shower. Most things are ??10 or under; things like muslin squares, bibs, the angelcare nappy wrapper and a couple of Lamaze toys. A few things that are around ??20-30 including the widgey breastfeeding support cushion and a baby carrier from Mothercare. The most expensive item being the mobile we really like which is ??40. (Expensive I know but it does so many things and is perfect!)

I am in two minds about the baby shower though... Anyone else having one? xx
  • Options
    erhm well haven't actually got that far yet. Feels like ages to go yet!

As we have a toddler to think of most of stuff I have done/bought is more to get prepared for his sake. Ie we had to get a whole other room furnished and painted etc so he could go in his new room in good time before baby.

I'm super worried he'll feel really left out once baby is here. Plan to get him in new room by next week, hoping this is enough time not to connect it with new arrival!

Anyone else worried about this?

We bought him a kids digital camera as I figured we'll be having camera out loads then maybe he can feel involved that he has his own to snap with. We'll give it to him when we arrive back home, saying it's from the new baby.
  • Options
    Im not having a baby shower, I'm not keen on the idea of asking people over and assuming they bring gifts. My bro's gf wanted to do one but I said no so she is doing a baby tea lol just some games and cakes :lol:
  • Options
    Yea I agree with that. I have asked her to call it a pre-baby/birthday meet up as its going to be the weekend before my birthday. I have said baby games are ok but don't want there to be any mention of presents or gifts when people are invited. I am happy just to see people as an already feeling lonely and only been off work for 2 weeks! Xx