Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Baby Inducing Tecniques

Okay so I know we're not quite there yet... wishful thinking!!! But what will you guys try to help your baby arrive on time or even a little early (post 37 weeks obviously!!!!)

I did everything with my DD but i don't think it made any difference - but my list was:

Raspberry leaf tea - capsules and teabags. Anyone know when we can start this? I can't rememeber?

Hot curry

Pineapple

Bouncy ball

BD - I had to beg, and believe me it wasn't pleasurable but it was a last resort and it did help shift my mucous plug (TMI - SORRY!! image)

Loads of walking

Let me know if you have any more tips - by then end I know i'll be willing to give anything a go!!!

Replies

• Options
    With my first little boy and little bit of bd'ing brought him on. With no two, nothing shifted him and believe me I tried everything. He just came when he was good and ready.

Hubby fell out with me when I laughed at his excuse of "I might hit him on his head" !!!
  • Options
    I think nothing works (sorry to be a party pooper) or at least it didn't with my little boy. Think they will come when good and ready. That doesn't mean I won't try all the tricks though!! :lol:

My OH says his mum insists on the cleaning the floor on all fours technique, to work just marvelously in bring it on, but I am suspicious that he might just be trying to make me do last minute house work. No chance!!

Regarding raspberry leaf tea (correct me if I'm wrong anyone) but I have since been told it's not the help bring on labour but to help strengthen the uterus so that your contractions and pushing is more effective (which is why, when my contractions got really bad I swore out loud about that I should never have drunken tea (much to my OH confusion... but then I said far weirder things anyway so he just ignored me).

Personally I favour the eating based tricks and think the excecise based ones sound like way too much effort image If I can eat myself into labour that'll make me right pleased!

Pineapple curry?
  • Options
    Agree with AnnikaScoog re RLT - it won't bring on labour. I started drinking a cup a day at 32 weeks, will increase it by a cup every 2 weeks so I'm on 4 cups a day by 38 weeks (& weeing constantly :lol: )

My son arrived at 39+4 so pretty much on time. I did the following the day before he was born & went into labour at 3.55am:

- bathed in clary sage & used my homemade clary sage bump rub

- went for a long walk, 3-4 miles that afternoon - had BH's all the way round

- ate a semi-spicy stirfry for dinner (don't think that had any effect!)

- bounced on my ball all evening

- ate two whole pineapples whilst bouncing away (drank milk to counteract all the acid!)

- watched Michael McIntyre for the first time ever & literally sobbed with laughter

I don't know if any of those things had a hand in me going into labour but I will definitely give them a whirl this time.

So excited, can't wait to meet no2!!

• Options
    Hi GC from due in January, my Midwife says not to start raspberry leaf tea until 36 weeks, dont know why but thats her advice.

As for me I am 39 weeks with number 3 and last 2 were both 2 weeks late, last one being induced, so I have given up aiming for 40 weeks and have accepted anything before induction at 42 weeks will be a bonus.

As for cleaning floors, I polished on all fours all of our wooden floors last Friday and it did sweet naf all, have had BH for last 6 odd weeks but doesnt seem to be doing anything.

I dont believe anything brings these little suckers out until they are ready short of drugs at the hospital, but that wont stop me keeping trying image
  • Options
    Haha this thread has been hillarious!!! I think its brilliant we all think its a load of old rubbish but we'll still all desperately try them as our due dates come and go!!! Too funny!!!

Re rlt - I had tea and capsules last time and I for some reason I'm thinking I can have tea earlier than capsules!! As you can see I was desperate so had both but as everyone has said it didn't do anything to bring on labour nor help me in labour cos I contracted LOADS but they were too short and it took forever to get her out so maybe they are just a waste of time!!!
  • Options
    haha!

already fed up are we lol. i remember being sooo fed up by 37 weeks!

i tried: sex, long walks, bouncing on wall, sideways up stairs, hot curry.

funnily enough the day i did all in one day, my waters went. I maintain it was pooping myself after the curry that was so intense it broke my waters lol
  • Options
    Hahaha Rosemary - popping after the curry made me laugh out loud!!!!!

I've asked hubby to get the ball out the loft at the weekend so think I might have a go on that now and get some RLT at the weekend!!! For some reason now I'm past 30 weeks it feels like its going to be here in no time and after watching OBEM EEEEEKKKKKK!!!!
  • Options
    havent watched last nights yet! eeep.

30 weeks does seem to be a big marker for the end of the pregnancy coming into sight. scary shizzle.

i dunno where my ball is. whoops. guess i'll see how it goes without it, 2nd babies tend not to engage the same way anyway so i am doubtful a ball will help get em in the right place.

im determined not to get so fed up this time as i dont want any more babies after this one, BUT i am so fed up lol