Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Bouncy chair help please!

Hello everyone, hope your all well.

We've been talking about getting a bouncy or vibrating chair thingy for the baby but I'm a little confused as there are so many to choose from!! Are the vibrating ones better than the bouncy ones? Can they be used from the start? I probably sound quite stupid but I've no idea!

xxx

Replies

• Options
    Hi we have the birth to toddler chair from Fisher price and it is really good as when baby is newborn they lie flat in it. It vibrates and is quite sturdy.

DS is now 5 months and still loves it.

SB x
  • Options
    As this is my third I've had a few!! Last time I had the fisher price rainforest vibrating chair with activity bar/lights over the top and my little boy loved it, it gave me a good 20 minutes respite to get on with household chores. This time I have gone for the tiny love gymini vibrating chair which is very similar, decided on this one as it had a really good review in a magazine I was reading in antenatal clinic. For my first (11 years ago) I had a Winnie the Poo one that just bounced and my son hated it! The only explanation I can fathom is it wasn't interesting or brightly coloured, just bounced image

Hope this helped x x
  • Options
    I had a mamas and papas swing chair with light show. You put batteries in it and then you could set the speed and the timer. It was a godsend in the early days - my daughter loved it and would sit in there for ages whilst I had a bath, or cleaned etc. Highly recommend one that moves in any way!!
  • Options
    i got a mamas and papas one which didnt lie flat, doh! imogen couldnt go in it for ages and then when she could she hated it! it had music and vibrated and bounced... but we didnt use it.

this time my mum got a mamas and papas one which lies flat, is so padded and soft, its totally designed for a newborn.

its this:

http://www.mamasandpapas.com/product-wave-rocker-zeddy-parsnip/460288701/type-i/

but not that new a design.
  • Options
    sorry to g/c but saw subject and i thought i would give you my insight. both of my younger 2 hated the vibrating ones, it made my son sick and my daughter just cried every time you turned it on. in the end i got my baby girl the bean bag seat from mothercare, then once she was more stable i bought the baby bjorn babysitter which i think is fab, shes 22 months and still fits in it now, i will be using this chair for my new arrival in august too xx
  • Options
    I got a second hand Gracco one off Ebay for ??30 (original price ??100!). It looks brand new. Just need to wash the cover. It swings, vibrates and plays music. Came recommended by other mums. x
  • Options
    We've got a Fisher Price Precious Planet which we bought for DD. I haven't seen it in catalogues recently though, so not sure if they still do it. It vibrates and has a toy bar and DD loved it, she took all her naps in it as well as sitting in it every day until she started trying to escape at about 5 months. It really was a god send, I just hope number two likes it as much.
  • Options
    Hello image

We have a Winnie the pooh vibrating/musical chair which is great, especially for newborns as it is very padded, reclines etc. But my mum has a traditional one and I think it is better for them when they're older as they are more upright and the chairs bounce better!

Sorry, not sure if that helps! Not sure I would put a newborn in the old fashioned ones.

• Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone. I think a vibrating one is the way to go, time to go shopping!!

Thanks again

xxx