Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

2/5 Engaged!!

Had my 36 week check today and was completely chuffed to find out not only had he moved head down since my last check but is also 2/5 engaged!! Yippee!! I don't think my DD got to this stage till 40 weeks so really feel we're heading in the right direction!!

Only bad thing was measuring 38 weeks but its still within normal limits and she said I have lots of water so hopefully not a giant baby!!

Replies

• Options
    That's great news.
  • Options
    thats fab news, but if its your second or more pregnancy they can dip in and out right up to labour. Good Luck. x
  • Options
    hope he/she stays put. Great stuff!
  • Options
    That is good! Hope baby stays enaged and it is a lot of water. Make sure you have some old towels ready for when they go! image

I have to have fhr monitored weekly and at my last appointment at 34 + 2 midwife said baby was 3/5's engaged. Also measured on top curve and has been measuring 2 weeks ahead since 31 weeks! As its our first baby does anyone know if this is likely to mean early labour? Have felt sick for the last 3 days & have had some crampy feelings low down. Nervous but excited too! Xxx
  • Options
    Looked through my notes again last night and its actually 2/5ths palpable so i'm actually 3/5ths engaged!!! Gets better every day!!

I had no idea they could still move out image what a bummer!! Fingers crossed this one doesnt!!!!

starangels83 - I measured 2cm ahead at all my appointments with DD and then at 36w i measured 40cm so i was sent for a growth scan. They did her weight and reckoned she weighed 8lb something already so it put me into a complete panic that if she put on a lb per week she would be a 12lber!!!! She was actually born 5 weeks later at 41w weighing 8lb2oz.

My midwife said yesterday that my 36 week measurement will be the biggest measurement as from now on the baby started moving down - which makes sense. It also makes sense why my DD measure so big because she never engaged!!!

I don't think bigger size has anything to do with early labour though... would be nice if it did!!! :lol:
  • Options
    That does make sense. Baby's bum is still right up in my ribs which makes me think that she must be a long little girl as she's engaged as well! I have been having monthly growth scans due to my other conditions, the last one was at 31 + 3 & she was weighing 5lb 2oz at that point with all of the 4 measurements on the top line, 1 just over! I have my next 1 this Friday then in to see the consultant so shall see what they think. Didn't know it could be much as a pound a week though! I am having a giant! Elk! X
  • Options
    Doesnt it go backwards - 3/5 then 2/5? I know with my first I was 3/5 then 2/5 then she was born 3 days later!

Sounds like we'll be hearing another BA soon! xx
  • Options
    It does go backwards - i just reversed what she said if that makes sense?

So i was 2/5 palpable - and you go down to 0/5 palpable or if you look at it the other way i am 3/5 engaged and i will be fully engaged at 5/5. Does that sound right!!

Its probably just my luck he will come early when I am SOOOOOOO looking forward to maternity leave starting and have some peace and quiet whilst my DD is still at nursery!! I need those 6 days (2 per week) before the new baby comes to prepare myself!!!! :lol: