Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in March 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Backache...

I'm 15+1 now and my back is aching already. Is anyone else having this? I need to get my body pillow out of the airing cupboard to help relieve the aches at night but I'm finding I ache during the day too. Really hope this eases off before coming back with a vengeance in the third trimester!! Xx

Replies

• Options
    Yes me too had mw appointment this morning and she's given me number to self refer to physio maybe worth asking at your next appointment? X
  • Options

I suffer with a bad back & had really bad backache for weeks but I bought a pillow a few weeks ago & it has been fantastic. It has really helped me. I couldn't even wash the dishes a few weeks ago without being in agony so hubby is glad that it's a lot better now lol.

Also I asked work for a new chair as the one I have has never been comfy & I found after lunch I was in agony for the rest of the day. I get to about 4 o clock now before it starts aching.

I'm starting an exercise class to that concentrates on sleeping patterns, backache & good posture, hoping that will help even more. xx

• Options
    Thanks for the advice ladies! I miss having a hot bath to soak away aches and pains. Hopefully we will be able to sort our backs out soon before we get too big and the pain really ramps up a notch. Xx
  • Options

My back is really achey - it went funny at bottom when I was sitting/laying on sofa on saturday but i've always had bad neck & it affects my shoulders which are so sore. I wish I could have a massage & hot bath.

Loulou - what sort of chair have you got at work?

• Options

Ali it's just a normal chair but it's smaller. The one's we had before were big director style chairs & they were too big for me. I had to have a pillow behind me to push me forward so that my legs would bend & the arms wouldn't come off or under the desk so I was constantly leaning forward.

This is just a basic chair but it works for me, so does a warm bath. xx

• Options

Can we use a warm hot water bottle? I think I'll have to have a bath tonight! I think I'm probably leaning forward too much in my chair too. I just feel like a wreck today. My wrist hurts too & it was put down to carpel tunnel/too much fluid around my joints. I'm only 15+1! Sorry for my Monday moans!x

• Options

Yes you can use a hot water bottle but not for too long at once & not too hot.

I know how you feel, I barely slept last night so I'm shattered. Supposed to be starting a pregnancy class tonight but don't know if I can be bothered.

Roll on Friday!! x

• Options
    Thanks for the tips, I will try a hot water bottle! It's deffo mainly due to the position I sleep in. It doesn't seem as bad this week - either easing off or I'm getting used to it!

Stephi, fingers crossed you don't get the dreaded backache this time round. Ali, hope your aches and pains ease off soon too! Xx