Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in March 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

When is it a craving and not just something you fancy?

I can't say I had any cravings when pregnant with Ryan. I was the same as I am this time, gone off sweet things such as chocolate and cake, and want more salty things, but nothing in particular.

However, we're having shepherd's pie for tea, so i went out to buy some pickled onions - can't have shep's pie without pickled onions! I've eaten nearly half the jar already! Does this count as a craving? I didn't know I wanted them until they were sat on the side watching me while i was cooking but now i can't get enough! Hubby's gonna hate me if it is a craving!

xxx

Replies

• Options
    I ate a jar of olives the other day! Oops! I'm trying to cut down on oranges as I can easily eat 6 of them straight after each other and sulk when the OH takes the rest of them away. Same with tomatoes, been eating them like apples. Mash, mince and gravy I could eat all day, everyday and I'm thinking about it all the time. Sitting here now and my mouth is watering just thinking of a lovely pile of it. Mmmm mash and gravy..... drool...
  • Options

I have no idea I am the same, more off sweet loving salty and savory, same as with my daughter.  I love pickles, I eat them all the time, however I only sit down with a jar and a fork during pregnancy so maybe this could be classed as a craving lol!  Pickled cauliflower is the best!

• Options

I m not sure either i just can't get enough of peaches at the minute and drinking more milk was totally going off milk before. also noticed a sweet tooth kicking in which I m trying to ignore. Baked brownies today and I could have eaten them all image

• Options

You know it's a craving when you have to have it there & then (even if it means somebody has to go buy it for you).  With DD1 it was strawberry milk, mars bars & orange ice poles I had to have (remember sending my boss out to buy me an ice pole bless him) whilst DD2 it was mint chocolates & cheesecake I had to have on a near daily basis.