Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in March 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Movements with second (and 3rd, 4th, 5th etc babies!)

Hi ladies, just curious, when did you feel movements with your second + babies compared to the first?

With my first baby I started feeling him move at 18 weeks. I am now 14 weeks into this one, and really hoping they come sooner!

xxx

Replies

• Options
    with my 2nd am sure it was about 16 weeks and with 3rd it was the same, this is 4th and i will be 16 weeks on monday, have had a few flutters but hopin it gets stronger soon x
  • Options
    I know it might sound mad but when I lie on my side I can feel movement like bubbles or flutterings - with my LO 1 I felt them at 17 weeks. My oh thinks its wind lol !
  • Options
    I'm 16 weeks and started to feel movement, but it's still not regular. Was very late feeling movement with my first x
  • Options
    I'm on number 4 felt 2&3 at 16 weeks I'm 17 weeks on sat and just starting to feel movements now nothing regular yet but definitely baby x
  • Options
    I'm on baby 3 and felt a movement at my 12 week scan. The sonographer was pressing really hard and the baby did a big head but!

I've felt a few movements over the last week (13) but nothng consistent and hubby even managed to feel one, again in response to a pretty firm prod.

With baby 1 I felt her at 15 weeks but didn't tell anyone except hubby as I didn't think they'd believe me.
  • Options
    I'm 14 weeks today & over the past week have been feeling lots of bubbling & a few butterflies which is baby. Felt it at my 12 week scan last Thurs whilst it was being done, mentioned it to the lady & she confirmed it was baby image didn't feel movement till 18-22 weeks with dd. x
  • Options

G/C but don't forget it will depend on where you placenta lies.

DD1 I had placenta at my belly & didn't feel anything until 18-19wks & had no strong kicks felt until 24wks.

DD2 my placenta was at my back, flutters were felt 12-13wks & by 15-16wks I had defined kicks & punches being thrown.

• Options
    Hi Emma - was wondering where my DIS11 buddy had got to! All ok with you? I was 14 weeks yesterday so we're close with these babies too!

After posting this thread yesterday i'm sure I felt movements last night, but don't know if it's just wishful thinking!

xxx
  • Options
    I've felt fluttering since 12 weeks, and had a kick on Mon but no kicks since... Can feel it moving when I lay on sides in bed.... With ds the first kick was at 18 weeks x x x
  • Options

I didn't feel anything with my first until about 20 weeks, I had an anterior placenta, hubby never felt her move at all during the entire pregnancy.  With this one I have been feeling movement since about 14 weeks, the kicks are starting to get stronger, I am 17 + 5 hubby felt the movement yesterday, it made his day!

• Options

Ithe my 1st i had flutterings at 13 weeks, and with others from about 12-13 weeks.

sure i fealth this on at about the same and feel flutters here and there, and the odd definate kick movement, but nothing regular yet

I'm 16+1 with no 5 image