Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in March 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

SPD

Has anyone had this before in a previous pregnancy?  Just wondering if i have it.  for the last 2 weeks i've been in agony with pains on my inner thighs, bum and hips.  Mainly at the top and shooting pains in my pubic bone.  When i've been sat down and then get up and try and walk its agony, especially on a night.  Even getting in and out the car kills.  I'm at the midwife tuesday so i'll mention it but just wondered if anyone on here has had it before and if so do it sound like i have it too?  just a bit worried. 

Replies

• Options
    Hugs, I haven't had it so can't help. Def sounds like something you need to mention to the mw x
  • Options
    i had it in my 2nd pregnancy, mw referred me to physio and they gave me a belt to wear, it helped loads. Defo go to ur midwife about it x
  • Options

thanks i'll mention it to her then.  its been so bad today i feel like crying with it.  hubby thinks i'm just being a drama queen and rolling his eyes at me.  I said to him i'm not putting it on its really hurting.  we've got a 4x4 which we've just got and i couldn't lift my leg to get in it hurt so much.  i'll try bum first and see if that helps thanks. 

• Options

I haven't either but didn't want to read and run. hope you find way to soothe your pains, sounds awful . big hugs here too 

• Options

I had it in my 1st just towards the end, with 2nd i started to feel it about 14 weeks but it nover got to bad, with 3rd towards the end i could hardly walt to the kitchen without being in agony abut with the last on i was much more active (as my bump was to big to drive i had to walk) and it was bad when i was turning over in bed etc but managable

I have fealt the odd twinge and thought 'i best be careful' but hoping with being much lighter (7st lighter) and much more active, i can avoid anything to bad, although i know in the last month turning over in bed will be a challange lol

Definatly ask to be refered to physio, they will give you some tips to help