Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in March 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Tummy bug or over eating?

Hello ladies, this is probably me over worrying but I've thrown up a couple of times since the early hours and had a bit of an explosive bum(sorry, tmi). Yesterday we had a lovely meal out with OH's family for his grandpa's 80th Birthday. Needless to say the food was rather rich though I was very careful about what I ate. I'm not used to big meals now and there was birthday cake later on too. I baby sat my nieces on Thursday night and the eldest threw up whilst I was there. She's only 5 so I gave her a cuddle after as she was upset. There were a few more from her class that were off ill on Friday and more ill on Saturday. I've not had any cramps or backache at all and am sipping water between sleeping and being sick. I've called into work to let them know that I'm not going in today and they've been good and said to let them know tomorrow if I need another day. If it carries on past lunch time I think that I'll call my midwife or doctor. Anybody had any bugs whilst pregnant?

Replies

• Options

Hi Deeders, Sorry your not feeling well.

Does sound like a bug to me, just keep drinking water & call your midwife.

Hope you feel better soon. xx

• Options
    Sorry to g/c but I had a sickness bug (or possibly food poisoning) at 36 weeks pregnant with my little girl and ended up in epu having an anti sickness jab and intravenous fluids. Slightly different circumstances as i was further on and the constant wretching was bringing on contractions, but id definitely give your mw a call if you're worried. Main thing is to make sure you're keeping fluids down do you don't become dehydrated! Hope you feel better soon.
  • Options
    Feeling much better after resting yesterday. Taking today off as it's a 2 mile walk to work and I'd be so knackered by the time I got there so decided to chill out and brave some toast in a bit.