Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in March 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Weight gain...

I seem to have gained half a stone already! I'm 16 wks today, is this about right? I was neither thin nor overweight pre-pregnancy, just pretty average. I'm kinda concerned about putting on too much but the OH just says not to worry, I'm pregnant! He has a point I know but.... So, how much have you all gained? If any? Xx

Replies

• Options

I've put on similar and I'm only 13 wks but I've been eating exactly what I want whereas previously I was on Slimming World and I've also not done any exercise for a while either. 

• Options

I'm doing slimming world still and planning on sticking to it the whole way through, although I know i will (and have had) days where i just want to eat off plan. I lost 7 stone before i got pregnant and am NOT putting it all back on. This is my first pregnancy with a 'healthy' BMI

Since finding out i was pregnant i have only put on 1lb, although i did lose 3lb, so it you count from my lowest weight i have gained 4lbs. Although i have had a couple of pizzas over the past couple of weeks.

• Options

I've lost a stone! Stupid stomach shrinking to the size of a pea so i can hardly eat, combined with all day sickness = pregnancy an excellent diet! I now weigh 2 stone less than just before I got pregnant with Ryan. I'm thinking another 2 babies and i'll be back to my slim 18 year old self! image

• Options
    I lost a stone - then put on 6lb on when I was in hospital and pumped full of water - it made me realised how much water weighs ! Then iv slowly been putting in weight - and I'm the same weight as I was when I found out I was pregnant. Remember baby is about the size of a lemon now & you ll have more blood in you too x
  • Options

i've put about half a stone on.  i lost 5 and a half stone before i fell pregnant with weight watchers but i'm not allowed to go now i've said i'm pregnant so thinking about joining slimming world as i don't want to pile too much on.  its not like i've been pigging out either.  the midwife has already referred me to the consultant cos i'm still classed as fat and midwife said to me today don't let the consultant upset you too much as shes a bit blunt.  she'll be getting told if shes rude cos i'm not having it.  its not like i can magically make myself a size 8 and i've already done my best by losing so much before getting pregnant.  so not looking forward to that appointment. 

• Options

Would highly recomment slimming world, Been doing it over a year and been breastfeeding the whole time. It is midwife approves you would just need to get a form for mw to sign at each appointment

• Options

Ive put on 4lbs so far at 17 weeks, spot on for my weight gain as I had a higher MI to start with