Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in March 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Braxton Hicks???

not really feeling movements as such, the odd movement here and there. but yesterday and today i'm sure i have had a couple of braxton hicks. Bump is still more me than baby so can't actually feel it hard on the outside but can on the inside if that makes sense.

Is it to early for BH?? I'm only 16 weeks

Anyone else?

Replies

• Options

I had them at 20 weeks last time - at least i assume that's what they were, sort of uncomfortable tightenings. They stopped after a few weeks though, then didn't get any more until my real contractions started!

• Options

I have no idea but what a pain!  I wouldn't like to be thinking about that for a good few months yet!!

• Options

Hey

I would be very surprised if you got them now as they are prcactice contractions, it might be where everything is stretching and your baby is pressing against the side of your womb. Sometimes things do feel very tight when everything is growing and stretching.

Hope it's not painful

• Options
    I too have been sure i've felt them & i'm 15 weeks. I mentioned it to my doctor & she asked if i had been over doing it as that can cause discomfort. Was told to take it easy x
  • Options
    I've just been reading on baby centre that the uterus actually starts 'practice' contractions at 7 weeks, and they can be felt as soon as 16.

xxx