Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in March 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hello can I join please?

I met Alison today in the lift at work and she suggested I join, many thanks

Replies

• Options
    Hello Louise. Congratulations. Most ladies are in a facebook group so I suggest that you find the thread and ask to join there. image
  • Options
    Hi Louise! It's Alison! I'll message you my Facebook link!

Deeders - are you on Facebook? It would be lovely for you to join us? I really struggle getting on here on my laptop.x
  • Options
    Louise - if you activate messaging in your account on here or email me tomorrow & I'll add you as a fb friend & to the group.x
  • Options
    Hi Ali. I am, but I have a lot of work people on my fb and I worry that somebody might post something on my wall about the pregnancy issues that Bean + myself are having by mistake. At the moment it's only a few managers, our healthcarers, parents and you lovely ladies that know. I find it very hard some days and as I work with another lady who is pregnant and with a first time daddy who's daughter was very premature and still in scbu I get very emotional at the drop of the hat. I don't like fuss and when ever somebody asks me how we're doing I get upset again.... hence being signed off at the moment. Lying to people about it upsets me too.

Thank you for the invite though. X
  • Options
    I missed the posts about your appointments etc so have only read snippets.

If you add me as a friend I promise I won't add anything on your wall, I might like a status or photo but that's it. I know the girls will understand if you don't want to add everyone. The group definitely doesn't show on your wall & all the girls will provide great support - you can have a rant/cry to us if you need to or join in suggestions of names etc. everyone has different stresses at different times be it work/health etc. I'm not trying to make you join but I promise no one will write on your wall as they wouldn't have access.x
  • Options

Welcome to the group look forward to chatting on fb.  Deeders, I honestly don't think you have anything to worry about.  As Alison said you will only actually be friends with the one person who adds you to the group and you could probably even de-friend after you have been added if you wanted to.  I am only friends with the two or three I have added.  I don't receive any notifications for any of the other ladies and if I look them up it is as though they are complete strangers.  Also the group is closed and private so no one can see it.  In fact it is more secure than in here.  Will understand though x but it would be nice to chat more x sorry you are having trouble xx

• Options

Welcome to the group Louise.

Deeders please don't worry about the facebook group, it is completely private. It is so much easier to talk on there & you can talk about more personal things. None of your friends will see anything you comment on or post in the group. I have found the group such a great support & I haven't been on here for a while but it sounds like you could do with some support at the moment.It's a great place to talk about any worries, ask for advice & just to have a general moan if you feel you need to.

Hope that you join us. xx

• Options

Hi and welcome,

I haven't been telling people really, and keeping it off my facebook ie no pics or status that say i'm pregnant, not that i don't want anyone to know i just can't be bothered with the comments from people about getting a tv, and football team etc

• Options
    Ali, I hope that you don't mind, but I've messaged you. X
  • Options
    Hello everyone! Ali as far as I can see the messages are activated. Please let me know if I need to do anything else.

Thank you

Louise x
  • Options
    Hi and welcome xx