Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in May 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

9 month assesment

Hi all, Lily 9 months tomorrow, god where does the time go?

Anyway at her last weigh in I was told she would get an appointment through for her 9 month assesment any time.

Anyones LO already had this? Just wondered what to expect & how thorough they are?

Lily has been covering her ears loads since about 3/4 months old during loud noises ie. hoover or if she seems shy or embarrassed & although so many people have tried to put my mind at rest i've always found it concerning (cute but concerning) so I want to quizz them on this.

So, with this in mind I was wondering to they do hearing tests etc...?

Thanks girlies xx

Replies

• Options
    At Sophie's they weighed her, measured her length, checked she could sit, pick up small objects, swap things from hand to hand, put things in her mouth, checked whether she could grasp things between her finger and thumb and wanted to know if she was weight bearing. She walked off (holding on) when we demonstrated that aspect and crawled off later on so they were happy with her development.

They also ask how feeding is going, how they're sleeping, whether they can see and hear well and whether you've any concerns. Sophie has a very slight squint so we were referred to the GP who then said he couldn't see anything.

Make a list of what you are concerned about so you don't forget anything and don't forget to ask for your Bookstart books!!!!!
  • Options
    Oooh thanks for the tips on the books - although I have no idea what they are!!!

We get one every month from the Imagination Library but assuming this is something different!?
  • Options
    If you look in your red book just before the development section there is a page on bookstart - basically they give you a bag with some free books and other information in it. Sophie loves hers!
  • Options
    Ryans 8 month check was a complete waste of time! Had to fill in a questionnaire about mobility, babbling etc, that I don't think they even looked at! He was weighed then as a group we got asked if the babies were weaned, imms up to date etc...

Just a thought, feel bad that all the bim posts are by you, what about joining fbook as 'golden girl' (so no one would find you) just to be part of the maybie baby group? xx
  • Options
    Am pretty sure my red book says her next formal check is age 2! Will have another look but am definite lo doesn't have a 9 month check, it's either 12 or 24 month - every area differs apparently x
  • Options
    Mine had an 8 month check and all was fine - pretty much covered everything that's been listed.

Max has had a separate hearing test as he failed the one in hospital. It involved him being in a sound proof room with sounds piped in and he had to turn his head to where they were coming from. They then checked his ear drum pressure and some other bits. Thankfully he passed with flying colours.

S x
  • Options
    Thanks kayssis I might get round to joining!

I am over in due in May 2011 most of the time now but I pop the odd post in here, theres always someone replying so I don't feel too lonely!!image