Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

FAO Dillonsmum

Hi lovey
I've seen your message just now on the dreamfeed chat about going to Spain. I live in Alicante area, on the South-East coast so quite far from Marbella I'm afraid! That's a lovely area where you're going though.
If you want any pointers on anything (where to buy things, etc), fire away!
xxxxxx

Replies

• Options
    G/c where abouts nr alicante are you hun? Used to go on holiday around there quite a bit (my parents wanted us all to move out there). I dunno who but I love alicante airport....trying to convince oh we can have a holiday next year, either mojacar (I wish it was still how it used to be though), fuerteventura or Ibiza x
  • Options
    Wow.. my very own FAO!

Shame you are not a bit nearer, we could have arranged the furthest away maybie meet!

I do have a couple of questions actually...
    At the moment Amber is EBF but if I was to give her some water in a cup can I just use boiled tap water or should I use bottled water? If so which one would you recommend and should I boil that too?
    Also, what does your LO sleep in at night? We currently use a sleeping bag and babygro but I'm guessing that will be too hot so do you think just a sleeping bag will be ok?
    Thanks hun. X
  • Options
    Hi girls
    Kayssis I live in Elche, very near to the airport. It's not a seaside town and has hardly any foreigners, but that's why I chose it really! I like to feel like I live in Spain image
    If you ever come out that way again, make sure you let me know!

Dillonsmum: it's exciting getting an FAO isn't it? hehe
    I use bottled water for Corynn, they recommended it to me. I use either a make called Font Vella or Nestl???? Aquarel. Both are low in mineral levels so perfectly safe. I was told no need to boil as they are sterile upon packing but it's up to you.
    If we have the air con on (very necessary at the moment where I live, it's been up to 38 degrees) then I usually have her in a short sleeve body suit and sheets. If not, nappy only and maybe a sleeveless bodysuit. Just a sleeping bag as long as it's a thin one would be ok I reckon. I would take a mixture of things in case your hotel has air con and it's cool in the room. I don't know what brand of nappies you use but if you use Pampers, they're available in Spain under the name of Dodot. Definitely stay away from a brand of nappies called Suavinex, they are so hard and rough they gave my LO sores round her legs! Any more doubts, don't hesitate!
    xxxxx