Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in May 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Chomping on me :(

I think Ava's having a growth spurt, she's chomping on everything in sight and this Arvo my nipple :'( ouch, am just glad she's got no teeth yet! She's been feeding every two hours but sleeping still at night but I'm ready to drop! Shes in a moody tonight cos shes tired but unsettled, bed soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!We've gotto get ready to go home from Cornwall tomorrow and I'm feeling fed up about having to do it! Sorry for the moan x:cry:

Replies

• Options
    How old is she now? I put Sam onto solids at 18 weeks which he LOVES and he is doing so much better now and has dropped two feeds. Yay. This morning I actually had to wake him at 6am for a feed as my boobs were about to explode! He usually feeds at about 4am.
  • Options
    15 sat, I think she might be on her wu to being ready, she's not far off double her birth weight and has always been a demanding feeder , however she started sleeping through about two weeks ago (sympathise totally with the bursting boobs) and has only woken a few nights for a feed now and then! She has had a bedtime ff sine six weeks of 7-8 oz too cos she's a gannet!
    She was 8.2 born and a week ago today was 14.11
    I love the pic of him in his vest!! X
  • Options
    I'm not sure if we haven't been going through a growth spurt over the past week or so. She's 15 weeks (or is it 16? Bad mummy, I'm losing track of time!) and has been soooo grumpy and unsettled it's unbelieveable. She's constantly eating everything including bibs, muslins and her hands, but is messing around a lot with her bottles.
    I wish she could talk and tell me what's wrong!
  • Options
    Ouch! Ryans puppy dog eyes for food has developed into a bit of an obsession...he grabbed a glass of coke yesterday and I nearly lost my dark chocolate hobnob to his mouth earlier! Apart from that the chomping is usually on his fists or a muslin.
  • Options
    Lol at the coke and bikkie, he's got good taste!! She's stairing at our food, dribbling and sometimes crys!

Mixti she's chomping on all of those too and also rammed her whole fist inher mouth before lol
  • Options
    oh, same here HappyMrsG. She made herself gag yesterday putting her fists so far into her mouth!
    Kayssis, looks like your little man has a fondness for sugar hehe

[Modified by: Mitxi on September 02, 2010 08:53 PM]

• Options
    Haha it's almost like "mummy look, I'm bloody starving, look what you've driven me to!!! I'm eating my own hand!!"
  • Options
    It was pepsi max at least...what have I done to him already!? Did let him suck on a plain bit of pasta off our dinner but was clearly too similar to his fingers.
    Lol! Then they make themselves gag bys sticking the whole lot in x
  • Options
    Mitxi, maybe she is teething? Sam had two weeks of misery until I used a teething gel and then he was fine.