Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How many naps does little one have?

Jensen has naturally fallen into the EASY routine and has about 4 cycles of this a day. So he has about 4 hour long naps and sleeps about 11 hours at night, sounds like a lot of sleep! How about your LO? x

Replies

• Options
    Lucas does the EASY routine as well and does about 4 cycles per day napping for between 30mins and 2 hours for each cycle with a similar amount to you at guys at night. However, although he goes to sleep well at night for the last two weeks or so he's been waking every 2 hours for food. Needless to say I'm shattered and wondering what I can do to get back my sleepy baby who would only wake once overnight.
  • Options
    Sophie has fallen into a sort of modified EASY routine - it is more like EAESY, (although I don't really get how housework can be you time!!)

For the last two weeks she has taken a long nap of about 1.5 hours in the morning and the same in the afternoon, with about 20 mins at lunchtime. At night she has 4 hours, dreamfeed then 5.5 - 6 hours sleep.

She keeps changing her routine though and yesterday had about 6 short naps instead of the longer ones.
  • Options
    Freddie has the same as Sophie - EAEEEEESY !!! Seem to have a bit of a snacker but that is fine. He will have 4 x 45 mins a day and about 12 hours at night. But yesterday he had about 6 x 20 mins as we were out and about x
  • Options
    My lo is a bit of dozer too for short bursts but generally she'll sleep after breakfast around 9.30/10am, again at midday 12/1pm, late afternoon around 4/5pm - the longest nap being at midday if we're out and about. If we stay home she'll either be bored and irritable or sleep more lol.

• Options
    We have the AESY routine lol! Ryan has about an hour in the morning then another 30mins- an hour after his 11am bottle, another hour ish after his 3pm bottle sometimes he squeezes another one in if the others have only been 30min catnaps. Then 11 hours at night, so probably not much less x
  • Options
    Sam was doing two naps of an hour and then a long 2 hour nap from about 3 pm and 12 hours at night. Now that he is on solids he seems to be have his long nap over lunch instead of in the afternoon. He is very predictable. But I never let him go more than 2 hour awake at most so we are in a pretty good EASY routine.
  • Options
    Sam was doing two naps of an hour and then a long 2 hour nap from about 3 pm and 12 hours at night. Now that he is on solids he seems to be have his long nap over lunch instead of in the afternoon. He is very predictable. But I never let him go more than 2 hour awake at most so we are in a pretty good EASY routine.
  • Options
    we have the same daytime routine as apple pie sort of. phoebe wakes at 6.30am, sleeps around 8.30-9-30, then again about 12-1 (although some days she will sleep for 2-3hours at this naptime), then have a quick nap between 4-5pm, but i never let her sleep longer than 30mins for that last nap as it affects her going to sleep at night (she goes to bed at 6.30pm). last week i decided that the nap late in the afternoon was unneccessary..... i was very VERY wrong!she screamed and screamed and screamed at bedtime as she was overtired!!so now i always let her have a powernap to ensure this never happens again haha!xx