Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in May 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How often..

How often do you get your LO weighed? I have been going to the baby clinic every 2 weeks as its nice to see her growing on the charts and know she is doing well. Thinking I might start going less often though now.

Also how often do you see a health visitor or anyone that asks questions, gives advice or checks LO over? My friend commented on how great her health visitor was. I have only met mine once when she came to introduce herself in the first couple of weeks. Baby clinic is usually held at a sure start centre which is currently closed due to flooding so is now in a community centre and is just a nursery nurse who weighs LO and thats it.

Replies

• Options
    i went every week with archie (purely to give me something to do as the sure start centre adnt yet opened), but with phoebe i go about every 3weeks, il go more often if i need to ask questions. this time round though, i dont really seem to ask many questions, i just get on with it, but there is always one of 3 health visitors from our area in there for weighing and a chat...x
  • Options
    i go every one to two weeks. Sometimes i leave it three weeks. I see my HV at every weigh in anf she's fab. If i've mentioned something Im worried about, she'll call later in the week to check how it is going x
  • Options
    I was told to go every two weeks with Sophie until she's 6 months because she started on 2nd centile and then went down to just above 0.4th after I had mastitis. She's now shot up to between 25th and 50th, so I don't see why I need to go so often now, but they keep putting in her notes "invited to clinic on X" and I don't want to get told off!

It's always a HV or a nurse doing the weighing and they ask every time about feeding and follow up on any questions I asked on the last occasion (I've always got something!). I've actually been quite impressed - they even rang me at home with more advice to follow up on a query I had. Although I wasn't happy with one lady who pretty much accused me of lying about breastfeeding when Sophie had a nappy rash, and the time the scales were broken and I ended up thinking Sophie hadn't put on any weight for a month.
  • Options
    We've been going roughly every 3 weeks... was told a little while back could go monthly now but somethings always come up to go a week early x
  • Options
    I go once a month and then can ask any questions to the HV when I'm there - I only had the one home visit and then it was a case of you go to them. Am taking her this week for a weigh in so will be interested to see if her weight has slowed down a little yet - she's in 6-9 month clothes today and they fit fine!!!! lol.

I find the HV's a little relaxed when you do have worries - I want to talk to her about lo being a bit wheezy sometimes but think will probably end up going to the GP for additional reassurance as the HV mainly says "oh yes that's normal but keep an eye on it" - not very helpful! lol.

• Options
    I have to go every 2 weeks as j dropped below the 0.4th percentile having started on the 50th. We are now clinging on to the 0.4th although I'm hoping it will get better now his tongue tie has been snipped.
    Because of his weight we see our gp each time he's weighed so I just ask her my qus as she's great and very sensible

[Modified by: bodlondon on September 06, 2010 01:58 PM]