Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Newborn carseat wedge and head hugger

We had to take it out yesterday :cry: Jensen's growing up too fast and he's only got a few weeks left in in pram! Anyone else had to remove the wedge and convert the pram into buggy mode yet?

Blue Gecko & Jensen 15 weeks x

Replies

• Options
    I took ours out 2-3 weeks ago, she looked so squished and uncomfortable! She seems happier in it now (although not much, she hates her car seat!). I do worry about head wobble but she usually gets into a comfy position to one side and nods off quite happily.

I didn't have a pram insert, I've just got a pushchair that reclines flat - although I even look at her in that sometimes and think OMG she nearly fills it and she's only 3.5 months old how will she fit in at age 1-2!!!!! lol.

• Options
    The wedge has been out of the cabriofix since Ryan was about 11 weeks I think, his feet were hanging off the edge and his bum was so far forwards he was sitting on the crotch strap...haven't used it for a few weeks but put him in it yesterday and his head was so squashed- time for the head higher to go strangely in his maxicosi pebble he's still fine with both in...his feet are just starting to reach the edge! We made the change to pram at 14weeks4days old image please stop growing so fast x
  • Options
    Our carseat wedge only went up to 12lbs, so it was removed about 2 weeks ago. Sophie looks much more comfortable with it out though.

We have a lie flat puschair and never had a cot / pram insert. Now she can sit really well supported I sometimes prop her up in it, she enjoys it so much more when she can see what's going on!
  • Options
    bad mummy alert! i took phoebes wedge out weeks and weeks ago because she looked so uncomfortable!i left the head hugger in though til a couple of weeks ago as it stopped her from slumping to one side. shes napping in her cot upstairs and she doesnt look like a baby anymore, shes looking all grown up already!xx
  • Options
    We took the wedge out about three weeks ago cos I was worried about banging her feet as they were hanging over! She's still got the head higher but keeps trying to sit up so her heads mostly out of it! It's the mc pebble so I think she might have it in for a bit longer yet!
  • Options
    i took it out ( well i put it under him instead so hes higher) 2 days ago he is def more comfortable. I have left the head hughes he likes to turn his head to hubne snuggle into it when going sleep like a pillowimage
  • Options
    Oh I've used the pushchair more than the pram cos she do nosey but I'm going to be walking to school and hope for her to have a sleep then so pram will get used a little more, she'll be out of it in a month or two though
  • Options
    Head hugger came out of a seat a few weeks ago as she was looking a bit squashed. Still in pram mode at the moment, we tried her in the buggy part a few weeks ago but she didn't look very comfortable when she was asleep and wriggled so much it was a nightmare getting her in and out so I decided to keep the pram for as long as I could!

Growing up so fast though.
  • Options
    whats the wedge?? we took Isobe;'s head hugger off ages ago but im not worried about her head slumping as she muct be the only baby in the world who wont sleep in the car. She's so nosy!!!! she wont sleep if she can see the world go by hehe xx
  • Options
    PP - our maxi cosi had a one piece removable foam padded wedge seat with head hugger so it kept lo's head in place but also meant she wasn't sitting to deep into the seat when she was tiny x

I only nipped to the shop earlier as the weather is so rubbish today and she screamed - I wish she liked the blinkin car seat!!!! She's fine if she's watching tree's and the car is moving (most of the time) - but the minute I stop she has the screaming abdabs! lol x
  • Options
    g/c gfrom bijune...

i have a maxi cosi and i think megan already looks a bit squashed by the head hugger but what is thw wedge can someone please explain as i feel a bit thick?

Lx
  • Options
    The wedge is attached to the headhugger so raises them! I didn't realise until a friend told me and was thinking I'm going to have to get a new car seat at this rate as his legs were hanging out the end! I also didn't realise that the carseat has a sun canopy bit and kept hanging muslims over the bar in the sun .... oh dear! x
  • Options
    Well the wedges and head huggers are all gone now after I realised te straps needed moving up...please stop growing!
  • Options
    thanks - corkys wife i was also thinking i would need a new car seat (d'uh) as her legs hang over now and she has started to kick them against the back seat...im not as bad as not noticing the canopy thing though lol -

i realised after posting this and going to put Megan in the thing that the wedge was staring me right in the face all along (after i pulled at the head hugger bit) so might have to be moving it in a few weeks i dont really want to though but she is quite long (shes only 12 weeks though and was 13lbs 12oz today)

Lx