Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Socks

Is anyone else having issues with socks? Ryan hasn't got daintly little legs but they're not huge, but all of his socks apart from debenhams ones seem to cut in and leave marks? I don't know if they bother him, I've already tried 6-12mnth size but they're no different.

Replies

• Options
    I hate socks! They keep falling off and getting lost, even if they're the right size. I let Sophie go without most of the time, unless it's really cold. Don't suppose we can do that in the winter though.
  • Options
    we dont wear them! I have just bought some and some 'sock ons' in the hope they'll keep them on her feet over winter but she hates having her feet covered.
    I dont know what to suggest with Ryan except that Debenhams will be very pleased with ur custom!image x
  • Options
    I put socks on him everyday unless it's really hot, because they're so tight we don't have the problem with them falling off. I think I might have to stock up on the debs socks and forget about the others, which for some reason seem to be loads so I might have a load of boys socks going begging soon x
  • Options
    We always found the baby gap ones to be quite good, as they're the really stretchy terry fabric on the inside. We also used sock-ons, they were a godsend, otherwise I'd have spent a fortune on socks over the years!! xx
  • Options
    Socks drive me mad - am forever losing them in the wash or when we're out and about and they fall off! lol. 0-0 size tend to cut into her too much and she has mummy's big feet too and slightly bigger ones fall off! grrrrr! lol. Was a bit cooler yesterday and I put tights on her, problem solved and the benefit of having a girl! lol.

xx
  • Options
    Gap socks are great. Its winter here so have been contending with this issue for 4 months. All I can say is that its trial and error. I bought socks from a couple of places and when I found some that worked, I went back and bought some more!