Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

does anyone elses....

husband/partner think you are still a little crazy that a year on we still all come on here and chat babies? everytime mine spots this screen up he rolls his eyes..... and he couldnt believe it when i mentioned we might all be attempting a meet up!

he refers to you all as my imaginary friends!!haha!

he doesnt realise that i have a load of you as facebook friends either, that would just about finish him off!

however, i spotted him grinning at the aston villa forum the other day, im just picking my time to tease him that hes just as bad, if not worse to be honest! what on earth would you talk about on an aston villa forum?!xx

Replies

• Options
    Lol! Tim understands but only cos he's on the seat cupra forum!!!
    I think some friends find it a bit odd, more the ones without babies !! X
  • Options
    Ha Ha, my DH refers to us all as 'the crazies'. He doesn't know about the meet up yet. He can hardly talk, he goes on a landrover forum.
  • Options
    Mine calls us the "marujas" which is a Spanish word for that kind of washer-woman wife who only talks about washing powders, baby poos, husband's dinners. etc!
    He doesn't really think anything of it yet though, and I also have a Spanish group of "marujas" who I meet up with on a weekly basis!
  • Options
    Are you on 'your website' again!? He knows I've got some of you as friends on fbook, but only cos he aske who's so and so who commented on your status/photo. I told my good friend today about the meet up and she said be careful in case your murders!! I think I'd know that by now xx
  • Options
    g/c from DIS as saw this on front page. my hubby calls all the BE people I talk to on here and on facebook "the mentalists"
  • Options
    I'm constantly saying " one of the girls on the forum..." and people just look at me like what forum you looney woman!!!
  • Options
    Hubby thought it was very strange until foxinsocks designed the lovely letters of Ellis' name, now he thinks you are all lovely xxx
  • Options
    i call it 'my baby site' and people think im crazy! Hubby just rolls his eyes x
  • Options
    haha im so glad im not alone! pp, i call it 'my baby site' too! i dont think any of my good friends have clicked yet, i think they must just assume i go to a lot of mother and baby groups to know that many people with babies born in exactly the same month as phoebe! if we meet up we will all have to take LOADS of photos, its such a cool idea! my hubby also said to watch out too, til i pointed out that even the cleverest murderers wouldnt be able to keep up the pretence of being a pregnant woman and then a mother for this long without getting bored!xx
  • Options
    damn - you foiled my evil plan!!! I faked y pregnancy, my scan pics, my baby pics and my FB page all in the hope that one day you'd invite me to meet up so i can murder you bwahahahahahahaha (you have been warned!!!)image xx
  • Options
    haha, thought so!x
  • Options
    That's exactly what I said to my friend...a year of pretence + fbook would be pretty impressive
  • Options
    Dan is used to it as I've been on here for 3 years since pregnant with Lily....x
  • Options
    ha ha, paul is used to it. ive been on hair forums for the past few years for business etc. but i dont use them now seeing as its full of freaks! i much prefer the baby forum now!! he says it does make him laugh when lots of you comment on baby related things hee hee xx
  • Options
    I'm constantly saying " one of the girls on the forum..." and people just look at me like what forum you looney woman!!!

Haha I get the same reaction, I curious look that speaks volumes lol x
  • Options
    ha i used to get from hubby what ya still doing on there i call yous the baby forum chat thingy ha. Until i told him all the help and reassurance i got from everyone about the littlest thing i thought was wrong. Now if something is wrong he will ask me to find out if its normal lol. Now if ya talkin wedding forum or programmes hes not so understanding! Just because we already married doesnt mean i can enjoy wedding programmes image
  • Options
    My hubby thinks I'm mad! I'm meeting up with 2 lovely ladies and thier babies I met in Planning in a few weeks. Can't wait x
  • Options
    Yeah now I get...can't you ask on your website?
    I keep telling OH we should apply to go on don't tell the bride...always said we weren't interested in getting married but now ryans here I want the same name as my family (and don't want to just change it by deed poll) but there's no way we could afford to do it now lol!
  • Options
    Would you trust him to pick your dress though? x
  • Options
    Having never really thought about it I'd say yes now, but realistically would probably turn into a bridezilla lol! With him and his best mate it would probably be horrific as a big joke but hey if it's free?