Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

When to go up to the next sized nappies?

I'm getting Sophie weighed today, so don't know how much she is at the moment, but she was 7lb 13oz 1/2 a fortnight ago, so should be somewhere near the 8lb 6oz mark.

I've noticed over the last few days or so that we're getting a few leaks. I'm still using size 1 nappies, so is it time to go up to size 2? It's really confusing as the size 1 say they go up to 11lb, but the size 2 start at 7lb!

Replies

• Options
    hi we been on size 2 since about 8lb they arent much bigger but it makes a difference in leakage image
  • Options
    Ellis was born weighing 7lbs 10. I was using size 1 but constantly had leakage. Since changing to size 2 we havent had any xxx
  • Options
    I changed to size 2 this week and she has seemed a lot happier and less leakage especially at night.
  • Options
    we've been on size two for a bit,ava was 8.2 born so used the few packs of ones we had and then went up to two's as had leaks, now we've bought threes as shes had a few leaks in the twos,she was 11.3 yesterday at 5+2weeks,chunk!
    Xx
  • Options
    Yeah same we've been using size 2for a while changed when we started getting a few weeks and they were seeming tight round his legs. Got another box of 100 then size 3 eek! He's growing to quick!
  • Options
    I've just started using size 2 and lo is around 10lb now - I changed over when the size 1's were leaving quite distinct marks around her legs xx
  • Options
    i remember someone telling me to use the bigger size as soon as your lo reaches the bottom weight as they are slightly bigger and absorb more, for us it means we've been on size 3 for a wee while now! and weve not had any leakages!
  • Options
    Thanks all! Sophie was 8lb 15oz 1/2 at clinic today, so even more of a weight gain than I thought! I have a stock of size 2s already, so I'll try one at the next nappy change. I'll put the rest of the size 1s away for the next one (!)
  • Options
    oh wow,well done sophie!! And mummy too.
    Thats a good tip about the bottom weight on the pack.
  • Options
    I changed Leila to size 2 quite early and had leakage because they were a bit too big she was 8lb11 last week and we havent had any leaks for a couple of weeks now xx