Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in May 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Weaning

Think it's almost time to start weaning as Megan is putting everything in her mouth, soo interested in when we eat and tries 2 grab our plates and is on 7-9 oz per feed and still only goes 2.5 hours between feeds. She is 16 weeks today so will try and wait another couple of weeks then start. Anyone else about to start?

How long can you keep purees in the freezer, I've got some trays so when she is asleep during the day I might make some and start stocking up. Also do you need to sterilize everything or is it just bottles that need? All so confusing.

Think I'm just going to start on baby rice, then try a few purees and I've got some baby porridge, rusks and some 4 month baby jars and fruit pots at the ready. Would like to make my own as much as possible but the way she is some days ready made is just easier!

Replies

• Options
    I'm gearing up for it too, my lo is 15 weeks and taking anywhere from 33-39oz a day! lol. Have started her on a teeny bit of baby rice and am waiting till she's 17 weeks before I try anything different - still plan on keeping quantities small though (just a baby spoonful at the moment so she gets used to it - she quite likes munching on the spoon lol).

I got 7 pots for ??3.50 from Boots yesterday as I had lots of points - and like you got breakfast pots - am not using those yet though as most of it would be wasted as has to used in 24 hours once opened and she's not going to have half a jar or more just yet! lol.

Not sure about freezing time, for some reason I think I read must be used in a month but not sure.

I don't sterilise her spoon/pots, think it's a bit excessive (imo) so I just wash in hot water.