Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

where does baby sleep?

Where does your LO sleep? Riley is still in his moses basket in our room, he has slept in his cot overnight once before but I worry about the temp in the nursery.

On a side note - we are off for a PKU picnic today at Duxford war museum. I'm really excited to meet other children/adults with what Riley has, and to see the sorts of food they have at the picnic.

Kayleigh & Riley
7+5

Replies

• Options
    Lo is still in her moses basket in our room at the moment - I can't imagine wanting her to have her own room just yet, I wouldn't rest all night!! lol

Hope the picnic is fun and gives you lots of useful tips to help Riley in the future xx

• Options
    Isobel still sleeps with us and will do until 6 months. She's outgrown her moses basket (hits the sides and wakes herself up) so we bought a fab travel cot and boughta proper mattress for it as she sleeps in it every night. It has a bassinet which fits onto the top but is the same length and width of the cot so i dont have to bend down far to pick her up. When she goes into her cotbed in her nursery, we will use it as a playpen in the lounge so fab value in all!
    http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_42_10751_-1_14053_86268_10001_14053

Enjoy the picnic sweets x
  • Options
    Mia is in her cot in her room. She wriggles so much and she also sleeps on her tummy- only way she will sleep and boy does she sleep now! She sort of crawls up the cot in her sleep and she rolls on to her back too so wriggly bum yes!She is also super long I thought Lily was long but Mia is 3cm longer than Lily was at her age so she outgrew her moses basket after about 5 weeks!x
  • Options
    I'm glad we didn't buy a moses basket, as Jensen is on the 91st centile for length! His cot bed is in our room and has slept in it since we brought him home, He sleeps like a starfish. We will keep him in with us 6 months x
  • Options
    Kieran sleeps in his moses basket next to me and will do til he is 6 months. We dont have any choice though really, as I have 3 children and we are currently in a 2 bed house. Even if we did have more room he would still be with me til at least 6 months maybe beyond x
  • Options
    Felix is with us in his moses basket too!
  • Options
    and phoebe!tomorrow night im starting operationimagetay in your own bed at bedtime!she will only sleep downstairs til i go to bed which is a bit annoying!but she sleeps 7pm-11pm, then i dream feed her, then she sleeps til about 6am so if it doesnt work it isnt the end of the world as i know some of you are having sleep issues anyway.id just like to get her used to sleeping upstairs in the evening now.i might try her in her own cot in her own room tomorrow night and see if that helps.then move her into our room after her dream feed.x
  • Options
    Amelia sleeps with us in her M&P Cosy Crib, its great, alot larger inside than a moses basket but not as imposing in the room as a cot. She'll be with us for a min of 6 months.
  • Options
    Ryans in with us in his crib. His nursery is still full of boxes from moving the day he was born and his cot is still in flat pack! We're starting to get there now, built his changing unit on sat hopefully will have the nursery sorted soon, don't think it will be that long before we need his cot but it will fit in our room so keeping him in for the 6months x
  • Options
    just moved charlie into his emergency cot bed we got yesterday. He used to always wake himself uq when he jumped in his moses basket and so he was sleeping in his pram carry cot which he prefered but 3 nights ago the carrycot slipped off the stand which is made for his moses and charlie was on the floor he slid so was fine and didnt even wake none the less very scary so next night did the usual but put the cot in front of my bed side stand so it couldnt fall and at the same time 2 in morning it happened again this freaked me out so decided thats it he needs the room and got my dad to take me shopping. Also think i got a bargain as the cot bed was display it cost me 140 including mattress image
  • Options
    Sophie is still in her moses basket on the bedroom floor (didn't bother with a stand), but I don't know how much longer for. She is starting to roll onto her side and tries to do it in the basket but there isn't enough room. She is also reaching out for the handles and on a couple of times has managed to grab them, but not for long.

I'll be really sad when she has to go into the cot bed as it won't fit into our room. I'll miss looking down from the bed and seeing her huge blue eyes looking back up at me.
  • Options
    we borrowed a crib which i'm glad we did,she keeps sticking her arms and legs out and sleeping across it a little, we havent brought a cot yet, we're broke too this month due to lack of OT in hubbys waiges image, been given some money for ava but snot enough for a cot bed and mattress yet.
    We've got dds old cot but no mattress for it,am wondering weather to buy a mattress for 25 quid and use that cot in our room for a while,then buy big cot bed for her room next month,then she could nap in there in the day sometimes as its quieter at the back of the house, im not sure i want to spend the money for that small cot though image xx