Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Changed milk to hungrier baby... Anyone else?

My little girl is 15 days old and over the past week she was been having 4 oz bottle of cow and gate premium, but has been screaming for more. We have sometimes been giving her an extra ounce, then she has been throwing up.

We have changed her milk to hungy baby today, because we just couldn't settle her at all. Has anyone else changed? Was there a difference? Did it effect her/him anyway?

Thanks

Replies

• Options
    hiya im not using it atm with lo but used it with dd1 and it really did help, she started taking a little less each feed and one less bottle a day at twelve weeks that was so not sure what affect it'll have on your lo. Good luck. Xx
  • Options
    hi, we changed over about 3 week ago for the same reasons. the difference was massive, he's a good baby anyway but was much more settled. he has now been feedin 4 hours instead of 2 1/2-3 and sleeping through the night as well. wish we had done it earlier really for our little pigletimagex

Lilbean &Zaven 7 weeks.x
  • Options
    I would ideally like to change to it but my lo has been getting constipated on the normal cow and gate so I have changed to the one for constipation and colic as she also has this, If I put her on hungry baby milk I doubt she would ever go to the toilet! x
  • Options
    I was contemplating it when lo was also about 3 weeks old but HV said they really advise not to and to just let her feet a bigger amount of "normal" formula. Essentially there is no difference except hungry baby is "curdier" and sits on their stomach for longer making them think they are full. It can also cause constipation (I read this on another forum and it's quite common as a side effect apparently).

Let us know how you get on though - I know different HV's advise different things and I'm still considering giving it a try image

xx
  • Options
    we hae found Zavwn gets constipated, but HV said all doc would reccomend is water. i make up 120ml a day and give him it when he wants beteen feeds. took couple of days but it worked a treaat, lots of pooey nappies again and big smileimage
  • Options
    Just to add to my previous post - my lo battles for more feed when she has wind, apparently babies do this - it's hard when she's shaking her head searching for food and showing all the signs she wants more but sometimes winding her and getting that last blasted bubble in her tummy does calm her down and she then settles - just occurred to me that maybe your lo isn't hungry just windy (a sign being that she is throwing up extra ounces given) xx