Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Why are men thick?

I am really lucky to have a OH who truely loves me and DD and will do anything for us. But just lately I want to smack him!!!
DD was sleeping through now all of a sudden she wakes about 3ish then every few hrs after. I see to her the first few times then ask OH for help. Instead of feeding her n trying to settle her (she's obviously tired rubbing eyes etc) he just puts her in our bed. I've told him im not going down that road with her, but lazy a**se ignores me! I took her out and finally get her settled in her cot and an hour later shes up again so OH decides he'll take her down, fair enough. Except he dumps her on our bed while he goes gets ready so I'm woken again keeping her happy. I never do that to him if he's had a late night!

Next point- He took her for a walk yesterday morning. It was quite foggy so i kept saying wrap her up she'll get cold, maybe put the raincover on if its really damp. She had her sleepsuit and vest on so he just put her dressing gown on her and took her out! I wouldnt mind if she didnt have a brand new really snuggly pram suit there infront of him i had just bought! Or a million coats/ chunky cardigans.

Urghhhhh! Why don't men think the same as us ( or sometimes at all!)?? I told him I felt unwell this morning then he got snappy when i asked why he'd brought back in!
I might as well just do everything myself then i know its right!!

Please tell me Im not alone in thinking the dads can be more hassle then good!!

Mega stressed rant over! No wonder i feel poo! Xx

[Modified by: squiggle*2010 on 04 September 2010 09:03:24 ]

Replies

• Options
    oh chick - mine is exactly the same, he just doesnt think sometimes! The other day he let me have a lie in which was really sweet but he kept on coming up to ask me things or standing behind the door and letting izzy's head peep into the room (ok, so that was cute but a little irritating too after the 5th time he did it!). I have hundreds of examples from him but i know he's not doing it on purpose so i just take a few deep breaths and get on with things - and then have a ranty blow out on Fb with one of you lovely ladies hehe xx
  • Options
    mines the same!dont worry, im sure its a man thing!infact, my hubby doesnt realy have much to do with phoebe at all, he was a bit better with archie but other than play with her on the sofa while watching tv he doesnt really do a fat lot with her. i do all the feeding and changing and taking her out for walks, but he has quite a stressful job (he only started his new one last month) so i kind of just get on with it and dont nag. if i ask him to get up with phoebe he doesnt know how to make up a feed anyway so id still have to get up and do it (he learnt with archie but has since forgotton), and if she has a poo while shes playing with him he asks me what to do lol! it annoyed me a little bit when archie was a baby but i dont let it get to me at all this time around because when i went back to work after archie he was amazing. i worked evenings twice a week and so he quickly had to learn how to do the bedtime routine and became so good at it that archie prefered him to me doing it haha! so for the time being as im on mat leave and hes stressed at work i just get on with it, and when i go back to work thats when il make sure he takes on more jobs with the house and the children....xx
  • Options
    How typical, after that rant about him he'd got her dressed (in an interesting outfit to say the least lol) all by himself, gone to sainsburys and bought stuff for tea tonight! Probably coz i keep saying im sick of having to decide what were having! He even bought a big pink mug for my mum to take to work coz she needed a big one! Bless him. Xx
  • Options
    How do they manage to do that!? As soon as you have a whinge they go and at the very least try xx
  • Options
    Mine is exactly the same. He keeps going on about how we need to paint the outside window frames and we've managed to get the bottom floor done. I said about a year ago that we should get someone in to do the top floor as I certainly was not going to go up a ladder to do it. Hubby kept insisting he could do it, and he would.

Yesterday he went up the ladder to make a start and after about five minutes sanding said "can you come and hold the ladder" so I did. But he just wanted me to hold it so that he could come back down again! He then said "I don't think I can do it, we'll get someone in to do it". I didn't really want to point out that was my idea over a year ago!

I can't complain too much though, he's great with Sophie and does all the cooking at the moment.
  • Options
    Lol mrs bear! Oh started to paint the new fence in the garden...has done less than a quarter and just not had time to do anymore. The other day he asked me to ask our neighbour how much for him to do it if I saw him, that night he said he was glad I hadn't asked as he wanted to do himself, the next day he came in and told me our neighbours coming round Monday to do it!