Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Update since birth and how we're feeling

Hi girl's

just wondering how everyone is doing? and how our lo's are getting on, adam was 17 weeks yesterday, can't believe how time has flown by seems like yesterday reading everyones ba. Me and adam are fine, his umbilical hernia seems to be going away, but i have pnd so have got to go and see a councelor, I have a rare type of pnd where i don't like people holding him and can't pass him to people get panicky and anxious and get really upset the only ones i'm comfortable with is hubby and my mum so stressful time at the moment but hubby and family are supportive, we were trying to organise christening but at the min think it's a bit too much for me as both familys will be there and wanting to hold him so think i need to sort myself out first, Wow was just gonna ask how everyone was doing but maybe i needed to get that off my chest, has anyone felt similar or known someone with a similar thing. On the upside because i'm breast feeding my pain from my arthritis is keeping away yipeeee.

thanks

kristina and baby adam

x x x x x x x x x x

Replies

• Options
    Aw bless you hon - sorry you're struggling and I hoe the counselling is helping. I haven't experienced pnd but can imagine how hard it makes life - let alone the pressures of coping with a new baby too x

Isabel and I are doing well - I'm fully recovered from the c-section although wish I could lose the baby weight so I could fit my normal clothes - I would feel so much nicer if I was back to "normal". Isabel is 16 weeks now so am taking her for a weigh in this week, she's thriving though and has already more than doubled her birth weight! little milk monster lol.

I'm just about getting used to getting out and about with a baby in tow, not always easy and you can just about guarantee she'll a) want feeding NOW when out or b) she'll do a stinker of a nappy lol. Life has changed incredibly but I love it image

xxx

• Options
    I'm sorry for what your going through but good on you for talking about it and getting the help you need

Me and Leo ate doing ok. I'm also suffering fr Pnd but I'm doing so much better. Mine stemmed from Leo being premature and being special care. He also suffers from reflux so spent a lot of time screaming so it was extremely difficult time.
    Bow I'm loving being a mum. Hrs such a little character and can't believe how much I love him. I never thought I was going to get to a good place and was adamant I didn't want anymore kids but now I can't wait to have another one!
  • Options
    Sorry to hear you're going through a rough time hun, I hope the counselling can help.

We're getting on really well, Wei cant believe he's 19weeks on Thursday! He weighed 15lb10oz last week and after his initial 12%weight loss is back just above the 50th centile line that he was born on. We've settled into a much better pattern now and can predict our days, although I'm trying to meet some other mums and get to some groups as our days have become a bit monotonous. So
    Am really looking forward to the maybie meet ups....there's a midlands, SE and south coast in the pipeline if you fancied it xx
  • Options
    Sorry to hear you're going through a rough time hun, I hope the counselling can help.

We're getting on really well, Wei cant believe he's 19weeks on Thursday! He weighed 15lb10oz last week and after his initial 12%weight loss is back just above the 50th centile line that he was born on. We've settled into a much better pattern now and can predict our days, although I'm trying to meet some other mums and get to some groups as our days have become a bit monotonous. So
    Am really looking forward to the maybie meet ups....there's a midlands, SE and south coast in the pipeline if you fancied it xx
  • Options
    Hi there
    Sorry to hear you have been struggling so much but its great that you are getting help and tackling it all instead of just pretending everything is ok. I don't have pnd but have had my low days (esp in the beginning when I was still sore from the c section) and can imagine that it must be a real struggle.

We are doing really well. I went back to work half day last week which was a bit tough but luckily my mom is looking after Sam for now. I will be resigning from my job in December as we will be moving out of Cape Town so will be freelancing from home. We have just bought a new house so I am VERY excited at the prospect of renovating that and moving in.

Sam is 20 weeks now and is a real pleasure. He is on solids and LOVES his butternut. He smacks his lips as he eats it! He has started rolling like mad and rolls from his back to his tummy and then onto his back again... but all in the same direction so he ends up moving across the room! Its funny how they just suddenly get it! I thought he was never going to roll and now he is on a total mission with it! Also loves playing with his feet now too. Very cute.

I will send you an email about the baby name letters.

x Bryony & Sam
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about your PND, hope the counselling is helping.

Sophie is now 18 weeks and weighs a whopping 14lb 2oz (as of yesterday). She's jumped from the 2nd centile at birth to just below the 50th centile, so has well and truly made up for her low birth weight.

I'm feeling much more at ease as a mum now, and am starting to feel a little bit more comfortable breastfeeding in public, but mainly because Sophie is so quick now. However, I do keep having various crises of confidence about my parenting ability (probably as a result of being a perfectionist and having worked in child protection I get paranoid every time I go to baby clinc!). Like Kayssis, our days are becoming a bit more predictable.

All our baby groups are starting up again this week after a break over the summer, so I'm looking forward to having some more adult company in the week! We've got something every day this week, and only one day next week with nothing planned, although I'll probably take Sophie swimming on that day.

I am also looking forward to the Maybie meet ups, although I can only get to the midlands one.
  • Options
    Hiya, I haven't been on here for a while so a catch up thread is a good idea!
    I'm sorry to hear that you've been having a tough time and i hope things improve for you x

Elodie is 14 weeks now and doing well. She was born with tongue tie which made the first four weeks very hard but had it snipped and has been a happy baby since. She has mild silent reflux though so have got some infant gavisgon from the doctors for that today. I can't believe how well she has been gaining weight though from just breastfeeding so am pleased with that and she is really chatty at the moment which is lovely.

I'm looking forward to reading about all the other Maybies!

xx
  • Options
    Thanks for your support and kind words ladies.

Adam is doing great at last week him being 16 weeks he was 12lbs getting him weighed next week to see what he's gained, he is now having a few spoonfuls of pureed fruits and absolutely loves it trys to hold the spoon and stuff it in his mouth lol bless him, he's very chatty and is now laughing a proper little giggle it's gorgeous,

i was the same arlik not sure i wanted another one kept thinking of pain in labour but i had a really easy labour and only used gas and air, but now i can't wait for the next baby bridger but will not be till adam is at least 3 years old lol

Ah that would be great fox in socks looking forward to your email thanks. Must have been hard leaving samuel on your first day but it's great that your mum looks after him.

Thanks again girls

x x x x x x x
  • Options
    So Sorry about your PND - my mate who had her baby 4 wks ago is suffereing from PND as well - all she seems to think about is death and is scared of something happening to her baby or her DH. Hope you get through it soon with the counselling.

Kaitlyn and I doing well she would be 18wks tomorrow, Im surprised at how fast I have adapted to being a mummy. I am so in love with her. Now that the summer is over and we have finally settled into our new house - I have been searching for baby groups and to my surpise they all start at 9-10am - and thats the time Kaitlyn and I are now getting up.

Today was our first day of her swimming lessons and she really loved it... which started at 2.30pm.

I really need to get a routine sorted out.

xxx
  • Options
    Hi Kristina
    Sorry to hear about your PND. Must be tough, but I'm glad to hear you're getting on with some help.

Corynn is 4 months old in 5 days (I've lost track of the weeks!). We've had a fairly tough start as she had awful colic and was crying from 8am to 11pm at the height of it. Now we're over that hurdle but she's easily upset and goes from fine to distraught in 2 seconds, particularly when she's hungry! Bless her. I think it's the latin blood in her image
    She's giggling now and trying to reach out for things, and also is a real little chatterbox. I love to hear her talking away, it just melts my heart!
    We're over in the UK; we've been here for 3 weeks and are going back a week tomorrow.
    I'm going back to work in around 4 or 5 weeks and my hubby has left his job to look afer C full time from then on!
  • Options
    Hey lovey, I'm sorry to hear about your PND. I have also been diagnosed with it but have a great support system in my area, my HV in particular is fantastic and we had an hour and half chat today. Mine is more related to over anxiety and some challenges that have been going on in my personal life but feel very lucky that it hasnt impacted on my relationship with Isobel at all. I hope the counselling is useful for you chick.

Isobel is 17+5 and weighs 13lbs15oz. She amazes me every day and is the happiest, smilest baby ever. She melts my heart. Ive been trying to get out and about a bit more so we've been busy with lots of baby groups, she's such a sociable little thing xx
  • Options
    Hey MrsBridger nice to see you back! Really hope your PND will start to lift soon.

Jensen is 15+2 and not doing so good atm. He was an angel up until he was nearly 12 weeks. He gor diagnosed with reflux then and was put on ranitidine which seemed to make things better. Because of his reluctance to feed my supply went down and I then developed mastitus which in turned caused us more feeding problems. I've got rid of the mastitus now but feeding is a nightmare, he just cries and cries. I've resorted to giving him top up formula which has broken my heart. So in a no win situation. My HV is coming tomorrow so hopefully she'll have some suggestions to make things better. We're also not sure if he's started teething too. I really hope Jensen gets better soon. Hopefully he'll be weighed tomorrow as well as he's weight gain has been really slow recently.

We go to 2 baby groups a week and also baby massage, and we've met some new friends which is lovely.
  • Options
    Hiya
    Sorry to hear you've got pnd, it is really hard isn't it.. I haven't suffered this time so far but did with dd1 8 years ago and it was so hard, I remember feeling so tired all the time, my friend was suffering too with a similar sounding thing to you but wouldn't even let her hubby have lo on his own, the important thing is your seeking help and counciling is great!
    The thing I did that made it worse for ages was to hide away.

This time I'm feeling great, so far so good, although the mini pill I took started making me feel angry so I soon stopped taking it and over a week and a half later I'm feeling much better.
    I'm still bf with a bottle at night as she's a hungry girl and at 13+4 she was 14lb11. My eldest went back to school yester so I'm liking being in more of a routine again.

BGecko, hope the hv can help image, hugs
    Xxx

[Modified by: HappyMrsG on September 08, 2010 09:50 AM]

• Options
    I've sent you an email... if you don't get it them just drop me a mail ok?