Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in May 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anyone.....

....not thinking about weaning yet?

I weaned DD1 at 16 weeks with the consent of HV (due to reflux). Evie is now 17 weeks and just doesnt seem ready. She doesnt take that much milk (at best 26oz a day) and isn't interested in us eating (unlike dd1 who used to grab our food!).
It seems like everyone is weaning! Even dh keeps asking when we are gonna start. I just dont think it is time yet. I bought some new spoons, bowls and rice today but I have hidden them in the cupboard!

She just seems so little, am I the only one?

Serena (and Evelyn) x

Replies

• Options
    I think Ryan is ready (he's 18weeks now) but he doesn't need it yet so we'll be holding out as long as possible. I'm sure he'd love it, but although he's not overly interested in his milk he's still content with it..although obsessed with our food and drink. I doubt we'll get all the way to 6months but we're not there yet either x
  • Options
    nope we're not and im really hoping not to start until 6 months. She's not got a huge appetite and also only takes around 25oz a day. I have bowls and spoons etc but they are in my storage cupboard hehe x
  • Options
    hi!phoebe isnt ready yet, im trying to hold off til after my brothers wedding in october (purely selfishly so i dont have to bother with the mess lol!) and she will be 5months the week after the wedding so i thought that would be a good time to start...xx
  • Options
    No way! Jensen is 14+5 and showing no signs at all, we're hoping to do BLW at 6 months x
  • Options
    No I'm not. Leo is 20 weeks and just starting to finally drink a bit more. I tried him with a tiny tiny bit of baby rice today to see if he was interested in the spoon or chilled on it. But I had to put it in his mouth and then it sort of sat there until he finally swallowed it!! Gonna try every few days with tiny amount just to get him used to the spoon but won't be weaning properly until we come back off holiday and he'll be about 25 wkd then
  • Options
    We're not either. Sophie isn't ready yet. She is interested in us eating, but displays the same interest in me loading the washing machine so I think it's just nosiness rather than wanting food. She is getting a bit more hungry in the day, but does seem content with just milk. She also had a tongue thrust mechanism still last week, although I haven't observed that this week, so that might have gone. We've got bowls and spoons etc, but no highchair.

We'll be going to Wales again in mid October and ideally I'd like to wait until after we're back on 25th, but she'll be nearly 6 months then so that's probably not realistic!
  • Options
    I'm hoping to wait till 6 months as I want to try baby led weaning. He is 17 weeks tomorrow and doesn't seem that bothered!
  • Options
    Leila is 15+4 and is no where near ready for weaning! We've had a few sleepless nights recently after sleeping through for a while but she just was not interested in baby rice so it must be teething! I will leave it now until she is more hungry x