Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Moving House

Before i fell pregnant in August me and hubby began looking for a new house. We finally had gathered together a deposit and starting looking around. The first house we found we loved at the time put our offer in and things were going well until september the day before i found out i was pregnant there were problems with the surevy and the house fell through. Since then we have found what i would call a better house as it is more of a family home we put the offer in at the end of october........it was accepted....things slowed over xmas, but now its nearly feb and we've been told a moving date of end of march :evil:

How do things take so long!!! I really want to get the nursery sorted but cant as no point decorating a rented house that we will be moving out of soon. I keep ordering bits and bobs for beanie it arrives in boxes i have a little look and then pack it back up ready for moving. I just cant seem to get excited as too stressed and worried about moving first. Is anyone else crazy enough to be moving house close to due date? How are you getting on?

Mrs Jones and bean 23+3 xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi we attempted to move house last year, put in an offer & accepted an offer on ours the week I was due! I don;t do things by halves either.

Anyway, our house was downvalued based on comparables (of someone who has part-ex at a stoopidly low amount) so it cocked everything up for us even though our buyers thought it was worth the money & in love with our house.

We had too much other stuff on our plate & were happy to stay put, just as well cos I have since heard the person who bought the house we went after after having a nightmare with noisy neighbours.

I always think 'what's for you won't pass you by'.

So it's sounds like you were meant to get this house & it will be lovely but I bet it is really frustrating wishes the time away!
  • Options
    My friend ended up moving house the day before she got married! Wasn't supposed to work out like that and it was very stressful for her.

Having moved house myself last year I know that it can be stressful even when things are more straight forward so I'd suggest you to try and relax as much as possible, write lists of what needs to be done and get a team of people organised to help out nearer the time with the packing, cleaning etc.

It will be so lovely to be able to unpack all your baby things and set them up in the new nursery image

Good luck with your move xx
  • Options
    With my last pregnancy we moved when ds was 5 weeks old so I do know how you feel. Our flat was completely sold 4 weeks before he was due but as we didn't have anywhere to go we agreed with our buyer to rent the flat for 2 months to delay moving. We hadn't even put in an offer yet on our house! Then with buying our house we hadn't officially completed on the day we were

Moving in despite dispatching the removal van with our stuff! We ended up renting our house for a few weeks as well before it was officially ours!!! Talk about stress! It is frustrating to not be able to get your nest organised properly but dont worry it will all work out and at least you should be in before bubs arrives xx
  • Options
    We've just moved house, so can relate to the stress of the whole thing! Plus we've moved to a completely new area which makes things even tougher.

We originally tried to move before ds was born 2.5 years ago but couldn't sell our house so ended up having to take it off the market. We had found the perfect house to buy and our offer was accepted, it was soooo upsetting not to be able to move.

So finally we have moved house now ds is 2 and I have to say things worked out for the best! We now have a nicer house in a better area and love it already. I wouldn't have been happy in the other house so it seems things have really worked out for the best. image

It sounds like this new house is better for you too so i'm sure it is worth the wait! I wish we could have moved months ago but am happy just to move in finally. We won't be able to decorate the nursery and ds bedroom for ages as we need some damp work to be carried out first. I'm slowly chilling out about it but can so understand you wanting to get nursery done. We'll just do the best we can before baby arrives. The main thing is we have managed to move before the baby is born!

Try to buy all you need for baby now and when you've moved in you can focus on decorating. This nesting instinct is sooo strong! :lol: Hope your move goes well xx
  • Options
    Thanks for all your replies ladies - I am going to start writing lists of what needs packing/doing-march isnt that far away really and i'll still have a few months to get everything ready before the end of may. Just feeling like everything is on hold at the moment and really just want to get things sorted. Also just been having a nightmare ordering things from babyshop.co.uk - they are hopeless, just read loads of really bad reviews about them online - after ordering stuff, wish i'd read them before!!! Hopefully will be getting a refund soon. Hope your all keeping well

Mrs Jones and bean 24+1 image