Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Feeling uneasy...

This may sound a little strange & it's kinda O/T but sometimes when LO is having a bad night sleeping one of us has her in with us & the other goes in the 2nd room to get some kip.

Whenever it has been me to go in there I have slept with the lamp on & even then struggled to sleep, can't put my finger on why.

We decorated it just before xmas as this will be Lilys room when baby is ready to go into the nursery & I hoped this would change the atmosphere in there.

What was strange is that yesterday morning my hubby said he's not a fan of being in that room either cos he feels he's being watched. I nearly fell off my chair cos he hit the nail on the head but I changed the subject cos I basically don't want to face up to it.

The house was only built 5 years ago & we are the first owners, it was marsh land before that & there is a dis-used railway very close by.

I don't honesly know what i'm getting at here but i'm concious that I want to feel comfortable with Lily going in there in the Autumn & to be honest I really don't.

Hubby is caltholic & his mum is always sending stashes of holy water, she has even offered to bless the house when she visits from ireland but i'ts always gone over my head.

This isn't a new thing, i've always felt weird in that room.

What does everyone think, am I crackers?

Have you ever experienced anything unexplainable?

Replies

• Options
    Oooooh I wish I hadn't read this! I'm going to go to bed in a minute and I'm all freaked out!

Sorry lovey, that was me being purely selfish! I don't know what to suggest but I do know what you mean, I felt the same in one of our old houses. Perhaps the mad MIL's suggestion of a blessing might be a good idea! Can you not have baby and Lily in together?? My two youngest share and have done since my Lily was tiny and have no problems.

xxx
  • Options
    Hmmm if both you and your husband thought the same thing then maybe there is something going on!!! Maybe you could get a priest in?! Have no idea how you would go about removing a strange aura or presence!!!!
  • Options
    Hi hun, I do feel for you, we live in a 110 yr old tithe cottage and I feel 'something'sometimes but happily its a warm feeling and ive never been afraid if you know what I mean. My friend is into white witch stuff and she felt something in her house and she suggests getting some fresh sage and tying it into a wad, then setting alight so it smokes and going around the room(all corners) and this gets rid of negative auras and such apparently you can then get a broom and sweep each room to get rid of anything left over, sounds mad but wont cost much and worth a shot I guess, I have just read that sage cleanses and purifies so may be worth trying.. Hope you get it sorted and feel better xxxx
  • Options
    I totally sympathise with you on this. I have lived in a couple of places where things just didn't feel 'right' in certain rooms and as a teenager had some pretty freaky, hard to explain away things happen to me and my family. Not in our house, but as my cousin as a baby would never, ever sleep in his bedroom at night though he was fine in there in the day time. He would cry and scream and as he got older, started to point at the corner of the room. My aunt and uncle just thought they had a terrible sleeper for a son. As soon as he was old enough to articulate what was wrong he started saying there was a man sat in the room in a 'rocky chair' - after many nights battling with him over it and thinking it was his overactive imagination, my aunt asked the local vicar in their village to come and bless the room which he did. From that day forward my cousin slept like a dream and never mentioned the man in the rocky chair again. I know not everyone believes in these things and until something happened to me, neither did I. But if you feel a blessing would help release whatever energy it is that is making you feel uncomfortable, then surely it is worth a shot? Big hugs xx
  • Options
    Being Orthodox, I would get the priest round to bless the house. I think its a nice thing to do anyway when you have a new addition to the family.

xxx
  • Options
    Oh it made me all shivery too!

Definitely get someone round, even to just put your mind at rest. I sometimes feel like this in other people\s houses and there were a couple of houses we looked at when we were moving that I just didn't feel comfortbale in. How does your daughter react to the room? As they say children are more sensitive.

My uncle sees presenses, often its just something out of the corner of his eye but when he was younger he saw a couple of people that noone else could see! Cats are apparent;y quite good at that too. It always freaks me out when my cat stares at something that isn't there!

R x
  • Options
    LO is only a baby so she doens't really do anything to make us think she has the heeby jeebies!

It was strange cos the other day were were all sat on our bed & she was craning her neck trying to look down the landing & me & hubby were saying what the hell is she looking at!?

My auntie asked if i'd seen Paranormal Activity 2 I said I hadn't & she told me not to cos something happens to a baby apparently. Even her telling me that made me poo my pants.

I am a totally jelly when it comes to ghostie things, it takes me months to get over watching a movie with them in so I avoid them at all costs now.

My mum was the biggest sceptic of all until she saved a babys life about 11 years ago - after that she was pretty messed up & had a 'visitation', she went to a medium who confirmed it. I wished she'd not told me about it.
  • Options
    By the way, did anyone know they are doing Ghost the musical?

Not sure a man getting stabbed, dying & coming back to say bye to his girlfriend is owt to be singing & dancing about lol!!!