Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Think I am having a mini meltdown...

I know I sound so dramatic, but for the last few days I haven't been able to keep my eyes open... I have literally been staring at my computer all day, worrying increasingly over the lack of work that I am doing. The annoying thing is, I can't actually sleep when I try. So its not like I am sleeping all day.

To top that off, I have been stuffing myself with bad stuff like Wotsits and flumps as I am desperate for the sugar, then feeling worse, then completely crashing and staring at my computer again. It also doesn't help that I cannot seem to eat any really good stuff. I heave at the thought of meat, fish, vegetables. I am starting to freak out that I am feeding my baby terrible food, and just feel so bad.

I just want to have a great sleep, feel refreshed, and eat some good stuff.

Replies

• Options
    Just re-read this and think I sound a little nuts - sorry guys - don't even bother responding... xxx image
  • Options
    awww hun its rubbish isn't it?? how many weeks are you??

from 20weeks to 24 weeks I was shattered all the time, like you, I was craving sugary rubbish for the energy boost and felt exhausted all the time, but since hitting 24weeks on sunday iv really turned a corner I feel much better, I'm sleeping better and my energy is back, hopefully its just on of those 'Stages' in the meantime though, hugs and plenty of rest and relaxation for you, don't feel guilty you are constantly at work making that baby image xxx
  • Options
    I can sympathise with you on the eating crap part of it. All I seem to want is chocolate. At the moment I'm eating a Pot Noodle!! I do like fruit and stuff but if theres fruit and chocolate I will have the choc!! xx
  • Options
    I feel totally guilty too.

Still having the occasional portion of fruit & veg but it isn't instead of junk its aswell as.

I know it's going to be super hard to get myself in shape afterwards but I figure i'll worry about it then.

I even had a dippy egg the other night even though your not supposed to but I really wanted one & just thought sod it.

I'm also drinking loads of fizzy drink cos i've constantly got a thirst on me.

imageops:
  • Options
    Sounds all normal to me! I've definitely felt more tired since around 22 weeks. It's a struggle to get through the day sometimes. When i'm tired I always crave bad stuff too. I got through a whole bag of galaxy minstrels the other night! This pregnancy it's been a struggle to eat healthily.

Hopefully in a few weeks you'll have a bit more energy. I could do with some!
  • Options
    I'm the same shattered, get cravings for sugary stuff too. My problem is I cant seem to eat a decent meal of an evening, all I want is cereal and will polish of two large bowls with heaps of sugar !!

Dont panic no matter waht you eat bubs will make sure they get all the good stuff which probably contributes to the tiredness as we're left with the rubbish !
  • Options
    You have no idea how much better you have made me all feel. Thank God for this forum sometimes - feel like you lot are my sanity image I know I just need to roll with it, and hopefully it will get a bit better.

I do have LOTS of fruit, I have already demolished half a watermelon, and am going through crates of mandarins and tinned fruit... but right now, I just want doughy fruit bread with lashings of butter.

Just feels relentless!! xxxx
  • Options
    Hehe your not nuts..well maybe a little but your pregnant so your allowed image

I have been eating pretty much crap...but I know from 3 previous pregnancies of having an aversion to anything remotely healthy (I would turn down carrot cake I was that bad!) that babies will just take what they need from what we eat and leave us with all the crap and be no worse off for it! It might seem like your eating rubbish but baby will be fine. When I was expecting Lily all I could eat was tomato soup, bread, sherbert and various biscuits with marmite and she was born weighing 6lb 4 weeks early and perfectly healthy.

Just eat what you can. LC I don't eat a meal in the evenings either, if I do its soup or chips with beans and cheese! I tend to just eat cereal and toast of an evening.

xxx
  • Options
    G/C from DIJune. I am 22+1 and this describes me exactly. I am sooooooooo tired and feel so lacking in oomph. I have been craving a lot of chocolate and rubbish. I feel really bad about it. I just about get through the day at work but have shed loads of work to do at home (teacher) and am not getting any of it done. Glad other people are experiencing this too! Was beginning to worrk I had truned into some sort of miserable heffalump!
  • Options
    cravings are your bodys way of telling you you need it! listen to your body- its bloody clever!

(this i what ive told hubby, im "craving" malteasers.. now hes gone round the shop to get me some! :lol:image

althought watching "in the night garden" with dd this evening, i could liken my figure to a tombliboo which is slightly worrying, especially when hubby laughed in agreement!!
  • Options
    sherbertfizz - I want chips and gravy now! Yum Yum, When I was at school (yes I know years ago!) they done the best chips and gravy - I want it again. Although it does taste better if the chips are fried - i won't allow myself to buy a deep fat fryer! Oven chips and gravy will have to suffice!

http://lmtf.lilypie.com/lXGQp1.png