Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

So unorganised and the panic has set in!!

Hi Ladies!!

I am 29 + 1 and I am not ready for this baby at all!! My nursery is still full of junk and needs clearing, I have no furniture, no car seat, I have no idea what I need or should be buying, i cant believe I have left it all so late! I need a list or something?? I have got the following...

Nursery Chair

Nursery interior (inc curtains, lampshade, bumper blankets)

Wall paper border

Wall canvases

Changing Mat

Cot Mobile

A sling / carrier

A few clothes

A couple of huggies starter packs

Play mat

Pram / Pushchair

and thats it image what else do i need?? please help me!

All i can think at the mo is...

Car Seat

Moses Basket

Nursery Furniture

Steriliser

Baby bath

but what else - arrrggghhh!!! xxxx

Replies

• Options
    http://www.mothercare.com/b/629092031?extid=hp_product_row1_product1

found this the other day on mothercare website. hope it helps xxx
  • Options
    Aw thanks hun thats fab xxx
  • Options
    Hey hun, I have bought so many things last couple of weeks so dont panic once you get started thats it, you will start ticking everything off the list, at the end of the day as long as you have somewhere for babba to sleep, clothes, nappies he/she wont be much bothered about owt else. just get a list and start crossing things off, you will soon get there. Sounds like you have the main things...xxx
  • Options
    dont panic, i'm exactly the same. Our nursery is still so full its hard to move in it ! I want to get it done now but i know peanut will be in with us at first so if it isnt finished he wont mind !

Ive bought a few bits here and there but obviously I was lucky in that I have a lot of stuff left from charlotte.
  • Options
    Hon I've just realised how unorganised I am as well and you'd think that it being my second I'd know what to expect. We've put the cot up to see if it would fit but nothing else is done; though I have made a start on the labour bag. We hate the layout in Daniel's room though so having to move ALL of the furniture about to get it to work!! Argh!! When hubs is away 6 days a week I've no idea how this will get done at all! Really need to get my arse in gear but it just never seems to happen! BUT it will all of a sudden come together, just make a list of what needs doing and buying and work your way through it. xxx
  • Options
    I'm rubbish! So far I have

Moses basket

Sterliser

Carseat

and thats it!! I still have no idea what I'm going to do about a buggy (I'll have to transport 3 under 3 when baby comes!) and have no clothes, bottles, anything for my hospital bag or nappies or anything!

Argggh!

xx
  • Options
    hi why dont you make a list and buy the most important things first like, toiletries ,some more clothes and have you thought about not having a baby bath and buying a bath support that goes in a large bath? I bought a sponge one from mothercare and it was only ??8 as i neaver used a baby bath more than a cupple of times?

you will need

two bath towles

blanket/shawle

moses basket fitted sheets

baby bag

nursing bras or bottles and formula

bibs

vests/sleepsuits/cardigans/hat and a few outfits

just try to buy the important things first as your baby doesnt know its got nursery furnature or not but will need clothes blankets etc, good luck and im sure you will soon feel alot more organized x
  • Options
    You're better than me :lol: haven't painted or even begun decorating the nursery image