Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

called in sick to work, feel a bit pathetic though!

Hey ladies, I hope you are all well.

I have called in sick at work today due to braxton hicks!!! it sounds pathetic (and I feel it too) but DD had a bad dream last night and screamed at 4am, I shot up (OH was at work) and she had wet the bed with fear (Bless her image she is only 3) anyway, with getting up so fast and changing bedsheets and cleaning DD it set off my braxton hicks (never had them 1st time round and get them fairly often this time) and I was in agony like I had pulled something, I know its down to the fast sudden movements but really couldn't sleep. I feel so sick with it too and it hasn't let up yet (again not completely unusual, I'm not worried at all just moaning lol)

Anyway I got ready for work this morning still with the tender tummy and feeing sick, when I changed my mind... the thought of getting a bus and sitting in an office chair made me reconsider :-/ but I feel really daft (and trying to explain it to my manager who hasn't got kids was interesting!)

Anyway thats all, I just feel a bit pathetic calling in sick with "practice contractions" when I still have the real deal to go through again!!!

Replies

• Options
    Hun, you are quite late in pregnancy Dont feel pathetic at all, I have been off this week,with infection and generally feeling crap and like you feel bit guilty and pathetic then thought hold on, this baby is more important and I felt OK then so please dont worry, you just rest up xxx
  • Options
    Oh i wouldnt feel guilty - i had to have 2 weeks offf with hip pain/sciatica and then went back into work for 3 days and then went off on mat leave...you have to put yourself and the baby first - have some rest (or as much as u can with a 3 year old!) x
  • Options
    Don't feel pathetic they really can make you feel dreadful. I'm off sick as well today (despite having a week off last week for half term) as I feel like I've got a terrible head cold (prob due to paint fumes from decorating this weekend!) so had a bad nights sleep. I felt a bit guilty but now am just glad to be able to rest as our babies are the most important things.

Enjoy a rest x x x
  • Options
    Aw hun your not pathetic. As ww said your heavily pregnant, its ok to allow yourself a day at home to rest!

xx
  • Options
    if it makes you feel any better im pulling a sicky aswell image feel really exhausted and feel a bit crampy. Havent had any preg related sickness so far so thought why not! still have to ring in an tell them im not going though...i hate that bit!
  • Options
    Oh sod it - you will never get away with sickies this easily again!

Plus you were up in the wee hours (pardon the pun) so that takes it's toll too.

I could have easily bagged work off today - i'm getting really fed up with it now, feel agitated like that feeling you get when you've only got a few weeks before a holiday & you just don't care if a bomb dropped on the place! Lol!!!
  • Options
    hehe!! thanks ladies your replies have cheered me up! image

Its just hard to explain to people who have never been pregnant how rubbish they can make you feel. Im feeling better now, the tightness has gone just feel sick and shaky but thats cuz I cant really face food (other than the 2 packs of hula hoops I managed! lol)

I hope you are all feeling better too!

and golden_girl I know EXACTLY that feeling about a bomb hitting the place!! lol (providing no one was hurt of course..well maybe a few people could have minor injuries! lol) roll on mat leave!! 8weeks to go!!