Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

ow ow ow

I'm getting a lot of pelvic pain today, esp when i walk. They're like shooting pains from my cervix down.

Is everyone else getting them? I know he's head down so it this him headbutting me or starting to engage. I can bear them I just want to check it's normal!! Will they carry on for the nxt seven weeks?

R x

Replies

• Options
    It could be where he's head down he's sitting on a nerve and thats causing the pain ?

The lower they get the more niggles you get, oh the joys !
  • Options
    Yeah it's weird. My pelvis feels kind of bruised at the fron now. V weird I've not had this before!

R x
  • Options
    Once he's really really far down it feels much weirder. Like having a ball between your legs ! I've got the bruised feeling today too, but i'm putting mine down to walking around so much today.
  • Options
    Yeah I did a lot of walking yesterday - maybe that's it. IT hurts when i press on the front of my pelvs too :cry: i think a hot bath is in order tonight!

R x
  • Options
    Do you have SPD ? Could be a touch of that aswell ? Mine is mild thankfully but really rares up when I walk and is like you describe in the bruised, hurts at the front feeling.
  • Options
    its when it catches u unawares!! walking (waddling) along quite happily and then feels like someone is stabbing you with a sharp stick up your lady bits! :lol:
  • Options
    Yes that's exactly it! I don't have SPD that I know of - it's only started today and yesterday...

R x
  • Options
    glad to hear im not the only one suffering!! i think hubbys heart must skip a beat everytime i go "ow shit!" thinking im going into labour! :lol:

the braxton hicks are so strong for me now.. its bringing back all the memories from giving birth to dd1! eeeek! image
  • Options
    Think I've been prodded with a few pointy sticks too!
  • Options
    My oh half googled that and apparently that's the bub punching your cervix - nice!
  • Options
    Yeah I've definitely had more than my fair share of pointy stick jabbing :lol: My SPD is really bad these days, I'm wincing with every step now & midwife informed me the other day that baby is almost engaged but is currently thumping against my pelvis, which is great fun image