Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in May 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

My skin is on fire!

Hi girls. Last few days I have noticed at certain times my skin feels like it's on fire - kinda like sunburn.

I have just got out of the bath & it happened again.

Now I normally have my baths boiling hot but whilst pregnant I am always careful & just have them warm so I know it's nothing to do with that.

I have googled it (I know, I know!) and a few people have made posts about it but no one seems to know what it is.

I'm coming up to 32 weeks & at this point last time I got Cholestasis.

This feels really different though, with no itching.

I'd say it's happened about 4 times & goes after a while.

Any ideas?

:?

Replies

• Options
    sorry cant be much help :roll: thhink a call to your midwife might help to put your mind at ease if nothing else? xx
  • Options
    Gatecrashing sorry but I'm 37 weeks and I have felt exactly the same for a few weeks, so I've just been Googling it too! For me it's usually at night when the heating is on. It's mainly my hands and feet so before I go to bed I have to run them under freezing cold water (usually this would be my idea of torture!). I've been itchy (arms, legs, back, hips) and been getting stitch-like pains on my right hand side (lower than my liver though, but higher than my groin) so I doubt I have OC but I am going to speak to my MW when I see her tomorrow. I definitely would though if I was you, especially if you've had it before. Even if it just rules it out and puts your mind at rest, I just think it's always better to be safe than sorry. Good luck with everything, hope you're ok image xx
  • Options
    Hi Nora Batty, I am defo cautious about the itching. If you have itching on your hands & feet I would defo get a blood test asap as this is what I experienced last time with OC.

If the burning happens again I am going to ring MW, thanks for replies girlies!
  • Options
    I had a horrible rash between 4 and 12 weeks pregnant which was diagnosed as due to hormones - that rash started as a burning feeling in my skin and took about a week for the rash to develop. Might be a similar thing for you, but not presenting a rash? Hope it eases soon and is not the start of OC xxx
  • Options
    Aww hunni that's rubbish. My skin burns sometimes too, but it's mainly down to the constant itch. You've had OC before and know how unpleasant it is so I've said it before, and I'll say it again - GET IT CHECKED OUT! :lol: