Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Date for C section

Hiya

I went to see the consultant on Monday or registrar rather, have yet to set eyes on my actual consultant. The registrar was a complete witch & made me feel like i was about 8 years old & insisted on picking on her med student in front of me. Anyway, hopefully I won't see her again.

Sooooo I've been given a date to go in for a c section, 3rd May. Due date is the 7th so hoping I can make it to the 3rd of May & then I can go in without any fuss or drama & have a very calm & controlled birth & recovery :lol:

Had ds at 37 weeks so keeping my legs firmly crossed until May, can't believe its soon going to be here, am already on Mat leave & it just seems to be flying round image

Replies

• Options
    Yippee how exciting! I'm surprised they're making you hold out til only 4 days before given how early your son arrived!! Did you go into labour naturally with him? I've been given a date 1 week exactly before my edd but I already think they dated me about a week early and my ds was 10 dys late so I'm not anticipating going into labour early!
  • Options
    Yes natural labour & delivery, I was quite surprised at the date also. They told me in Nov it would be at 39 weeks but I assumed it would be the week before that as I'm 39 weeks on the Sat. I really would like for this baby to not be early this time although I'm sure the closer I get to my due date the more I'll be wishing it over with hehe x
  • Options
    oh wow!! exciting!! well you just keep those legs crossed missy!! lol if you do go into natural labour will they take you straight in for the c section?

xx
  • Options
    Yes apparently so although I have this weird little paranoia that I'll get there & they'll change there minds, silly but it's in my head now. Absolutely no reason for that to happen. It is all very exciting now :0) moomin I hope you haven't just jinxed yourself & really don't go into labour early x
  • Options
    Ooh so exciting, not long now! xx
  • Options
    Wow an actual date! It must all seem so real now!

xxx
  • Options
    It must be so nice to know that actual date that you'll have your baby!! How exciting for you, keep them legs crossed !!
  • Options
    OMG things are cooking now hun, how exciting for you, xxx
  • Options
    That is cool, knowing the date baby is coming. Have you put in your diary/calender and what as? (I have my due date in my diary - been in there ages as Baby E due today. image
  • Options
    Yep its all good, have it in my diary although really not convinced we'll make it to then. Have it down as baby day image

Think I better start a list of things I still need to get though x
  • Options
    ooooh you will be one of the first DIM mummys then!! image
  • Options
    Omg how exciting!! I've just decided I'm going to hav a planned c section. Do they always book u in early? Or is it just cuz your ds was early? Xxx