Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

update - big tmi warning!

well ladies, im giving it 2 weeks tops ( i'll probably be proven wrong now im writing)

yesterday for most of afternoon/evening i was getting really strong braxtons, to be honest i couldnt decide whether this was it or not. with jack i went into full swing, major contractions so with a bit of period pain i wasnt sure. decided it wasnt it.

this next bit is a very big tmi warning.....

i spoke to a friend of mine who's a student midwife, and as im quite impatient i asked if there's anyway that i can check if there are actually things happening.

much to my dismay i checked (big cringe) and can confirm my cervix is very soft (not sure on dilation), felt what i think were waters and also poked babys head (got the shock of my life when that happened).

i am now in spring clean mode, making sure we are ready. about to get the moses basket out and ready too.

xxx

Replies

• Options
    wow !!

im pretty sure this one is engaging (last 2 didnt bother) im not quite ready to check cervix bu ti'll come to you for advice when my patience runs out image

dont over do the srping clean....like i wouldnt :lol:

how exciting image
  • Options
    WOW image

I am beginning to feel really uncomfortable all the time. My bump still looks high but i have so much pressure between my legs sometimes it takes my breath away when i feel a bit of a thud down there when walking. Wish i had a MW friend who could do a 'homer' for me :lol:

Exciting for you! Keep us posted!

• Options
    My goodness! How exciting!! how many weeks are you?

I'm in nesting mode today too, mopping floors binning things! etc about time too but I'm exhausted with it! Try and rest too though hun! thinking of you! you could be our first BA!!! argh!! image

xx
  • Options
    oh my word, we could have our 1st DIM baby very soon! crickey this makes you think! xx
  • Options
    Oooh how exciting!

• Options
    Jeeps!!! How on earth do you check your own cervix, I'm not sure I could navigate past my bump to get there iyswim!

How many weeks are you now?
  • Options
    Wowza, how exciting, well maybe not yet , depends how you feel hun.... will be watching and waiting for BA image, when is your due date? xxx
  • Options
    image that's amazing! I think it hasn't quite clicked there is an ACTUAL baby in me, because I couldn't imagine doing this! Omg I'm gonna get the surprise of my life :lol: !
  • Options
    ha ha Sabbath cat I feel the same....xx
  • Options
    34 weeks today, due 6th may. getting quite impatient now lol. braxtons coming much more, just wish they would turn into something.

just a waiting game now i guess.

xxx
  • Options
    V jealous - I want to poke my baby in the head! (in the nicest possible way :lol: )
  • Options
    lol id already prepared for that, just incase.

well yesterday was interesting, braxtons are getting stronger and more regular (although they are defo still braxtons). went to bed at 9 with tummy ache. braxtons started as soon as i woke up this morning, had a couple but they seemed to have died off now.

was difficult yesterday, as the braxtons were quite regular (every 20mins or so) and were starting to hurt more i didnt know whether that was it. i went full swing into labour with jack so wasnt sure. can safely say at the moment i am not in labour though lol.

xxx
  • Options
    Crikey - as long as your not in labour.

I keep having random moments where I think 'I'm going to go into labour' Think it is just whenever I feel I am not quite ready yet, and it panics me into doing something - like packing my hospital bag and washing all babies clothes. - Still got some to wash - where has that nice weather gone??

Anyway take it easy