Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hot Flushes

Hi Ladies, Im 33 weeks on Sunday and last few days been having major hot flushes and feeling sick in the mornings, is this normal?

Just wondered if anyone else gets this at all? xxx

Replies

• Options
    I haven't been having hot flushes but I have been feeling sick and nauseous a lot again recently and wondered if it was normal too. I think in pregnancy you can expect just about anything! Bleugh!
  • Options
    Oh yes, I have been boiling. Today I was soo hot my fingers swelled so much - the wedding ring I am wearing (which is my great-grandmothers and huge compared to my rings, but is the only only that will fit me) got stuck on. Luckily when I cooled down they went down - to just usual swelling amount - still massive but not huge.

I have been getting dizzy too.

I haven't been feeling sick but I have read morning sickness can come back in the last few weeks and is quite common.

Pregnancy is weird!
  • Options
    Yes! Just this week in the mornings I have had major hot flushes very unpleasant as it's usually when i'm out somewhere. Yuck. Never had this in my first pregnancy. Not been feeling sick but then didn't really suffer morning sickness, just getting episodes of sweating and feeling mega hot lurvely! Just looked it up and it can happen in the third trimester. Oh the joys of pregnancy! x
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies, thought it was just me. Strange its comes on Mid morning then sort of goes. xxx
  • Options
    oooo I have just posted a similar thing.. I went all hot and have been throwing up!

I have heard and read that all these things can return in the last few weeks so think its normal, I hope you are feeling better soon x
  • Options
    you too hun, havent felt quite as bad today but a bit light headed thats all....oh the joys eh xxx
  • Options
    you too SF XXX
  • Options
    Yes! It has been rather warmer, can't help but think it's my body trying to adapt to the warmer weather. Damn ankles and fingers swelling up too *sighs* :roll: